ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. I am looking at a Blacj WRX STI 2012.

Is it hard to take care of the black paint on a WRX. I had a black car before and it seemed to scratch easy when washing.

Any thoughts?

The other plan would be to go white.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Black is absolutely miserable to take care of. I love the way mine looks clean but that takes hours and lasts minutes

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,231 Posts
Any thoughts?
I can think of no worse paint quality than Subaru, particularly black, from a manufacturer in the developed world. Despite customer disgust and year after year of absolutely terrible "quality" (I use the term leniently...) they outdo themselves every time.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
yeah i work for a long time to clean my car up and within a day or 2, looks like i never tried

·
Registered
902 Posts
I can think of no worse paint quality than Subaru, particularly black, from a manufacturer in the developed world. Despite customer disgust and year after year of absolutely terrible "quality" (I use the term leniently...) they outdo themselves every time.
I completely agree with this.

I've owned 3 black vehicles and the Subaru was by far the worst. The only way I'd buy a black STi is if detailing is your profession or side hobby because it will need more than general washing/waxing to keep looking good. Then, the worst part is even if you spend the time and money to get it looking perfect it only last a day or so if your lucky.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,231 Posts
I completely agree with this.

I've owned 3 black vehicles and the Subaru was by far the worst.
To give you an idea of the absolute disgrace: I will grant them that the finish is more even and less prone to orange peeling than Lada. However they are well below Fiat.

For a Japanese car, this is absolutely pathetic.

For shame!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts