Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know if anyone else has seen this:

I noticed the other day that a black wire with a green plug was hanging down under the driver's side dash. I found what appeared to be the counter-part (another black wire with a female plug) and pluged them in with the car off.
when i turned the car back on the "CHECK ENGINE" light was flashing, and it was idling up and down between 1000 and 1200 rpm. So i unpluged it, and the car's been fine.

anyone care to guess about what that is?

·
Registered
8 Posts
i've noticed those wires awhile back also when i was hooking up my amp. i tried pluging them together also. i would like to know what those wires are for?

digdoug

IndexedColor's reply :
:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
i've noticed those wires awhile back also when i was hooking up my amp. i tried pluging them together also. i would like to know what those wires are for?

digdoug

IndexedColor's reply :

·
Registered
8 Posts

digdoug

IndexedColor's reply :

·
Registered
146 Posts
Damn... I'm averaging about 17-19mpg. I reset the ECU and then drove pretty hard for a while so maybe that's why. It also could be because I have a lead foot though. I'll probably reset the ECU again and take it for a slow ride right after... and I'll try driving a little slower (shifting around 3500-4000rpms) and see if I can get into the 20s.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Luckily your flashing CEL went off after you unplugged the connection. My friends Forester has the same male/female plugs. He connected the plugs, the CEL could stop flashing. The dealer charged him ~$100 for reprogramming the ECU. His car was out of warranty. Don't know if the warranty would cover it even if it was in warranty due to owner induce problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called the dealer about it, and they are plugged in when the car ships, and unplugged when it's sold. You shouldn't plug them in!!!

Just tucke 'em up under the dash, and forget about them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts