ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone fixed the stupidity of Subaru on the WRX giving it the cheap look like they ran out of parts 2 tone interior? I was thinking of just buying all the STi parts to replace the top half of the car black but that seems like it is to expensive for what it is..So was thinking of just getting STi headliner, visors, and roof handles and painting the rest of the trim. has anyone done this and what paint would hold up and match the factory lower part of the car. oh I have a '12 WRX

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I think I am a bit confused.

I have an STi and my entire interior is black as well. Just has STi logo's on it.

I like that its all black interior though so I never gave it much thought. Let me know if this does not answer your question. I may be missing what you are trying to do.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the Sti comes with all black interior. from the pillars to the headliner in the WRX its a cream color..its not all black. it looks really cheap on the WRX being 2 tone.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Someone here switched the entire interior of the WRX for the STIs black interor.Anything can be done if you are willing to spend the $.

As far as paint,maybe plastidip?

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
plastidip i think would look like crap cause it chips so easy
might remove the pieces and take to an interior shop to have them dye it all

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I painted the interior vinyl pillars and back wagon compartment of a car I owned, it was a Ford. I don't remember where I found the paint, but an aftermarket provider supplied paint specifically made for the purpose, color matched and everything. I purchased an aerosol sprayer with disposable propellant cartridges, taped off the windows and carpet and had at it. It turned out really good and was durable as well. The cost was minimal.

·
Registered
778 Posts
It might be easier to trade the rex in for a used Lexus/Cadi. Then you won't have to worry about the interior.

Seriously though, while you're at replacing the interior, are you planning to soundproof as well? These things rattle like a *****. I'd love to see before & after pictures...

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I've done it, and it isn't expensive nor difficult. There is an entire thread on it but I don't remember where. Plasti-dip the pillars and seat belt cover things that pop off. Get some fabric dye (comes in a spray can at auto parts stores) and use that on the visors. Get rid of the Oh **** handles and put in the plugs that are sold by fastwrx.com. And then recover the headliner with suede from amazon. All can be done in a days work and under $100

edit: Here is one link http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-install/134441-diy-suede-headliner-blacked-out-interior.html

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just dont wanna do anything plastidip as it comes off to easy if one bit starts to go..id rather have the pieces dyed or painted properly so i dont have to worry about if i chip it the rest will peel away and look like ass.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
my pillars have been plasti-dipped for 2 years without a single chip. Well over 20k miles on them. You can always paint them with a krylon fusion paint as well. Otherwise its going to cost you hundreds or even close to 1k instead of $70

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
id use fusion before plastidip. just finding the color that matches whats in there already I think will be hard part

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
It might be easier to trade the rex in for a used Lexus/Cadi. Then you won't have to worry about the interior.

Seriously though, while you're at replacing the interior, are you planning to soundproof as well? These things rattle like a *****. I'd love to see before & after pictures...
^this.

No to sound like an ass...but is there anything about this car you do like? I could understand if this was given to you as a gift and its not "what you wanted" but you chose to buy this vehicle. It sounds like you didnt go into a dealership or onto their website to order their car. Just called and ordered with out even doing the slightest bit of research.

I think you should trade and get something you actually looked at and researched before you change EVERYTHING about the car until its a completely different car. If you want better quality put out the money and get a better quality car, like lexus/merc/bmw/audi, bc you'll just put out that money "fixing" everything you dislike about your wrx.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i like that i can fit someone in the back of the car easily. No i dont really like the car all that much but not going to trade it in with only 450miles. I will probably keep it for a year so I get the loan paid down little bit more then trade it.
Once again HOW am i supposed to go look at something when there was NONE in my area to look at or drive..there was only one limited STi at the dealer I made my original order from I got to sit in but they didnt let me drive it. and I had NO wrx to test drive. I wasnt aware of this 2 tone interior as I never seen that before. So why is this a thread about me not liking the car..i was talking about making the interior all black..thats all this is about

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
i like that i can fit someone in the back of the car easily. No i dont really like the car all that much but not going to trade it in with only 450miles. I will probably keep it for a year so I get the loan paid down little bit more then trade it.
Once again HOW am i supposed to go look at something when there was NONE in my area to look at or drive..there was only one limited STi at the dealer I made my original order from I got to sit in but they didnt let me drive it. and I had NO wrx to test drive. I wasnt aware of this 2 tone interior as I never seen that before. So why is this a thread about me not liking the car..i was talking about making the interior all black..thats all this is about
Why spend 10s of thousands of dollars are a car you don't like? Lol

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well this thread is went to crap..enough with how I feel about the car and wanna try to keep it on topic if anyone knows a color that would be a good match to factory

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
well this thread is went to crap..enough with how I feel about the car and wanna try to keep it on topic if anyone knows a color that would be a good match to factory
Now you want to invest money into a car you don't like? Dude...your priorities are retarded. If you don't like it, take it back and see if the dealer has something you like more.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I think Black would match what you're looking for.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i give up..apparently no one wants to give any help cause I say i am not jumping for joy and getting a boner everytime I drive the car. its an ok car but its not great I will live with it for a year so when i trade it in I have even more going towards a new car. plus then Ford will be offering 1.9% on the 2013 GT's again.

I have been on ALOT of forums, many car ones, detailing forums and reef tanks and I have to say the Subaru forums are the most unhelpful and unfriendly of any i have ever been on.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
no one is saying you have to bust a nut every time the turbo spools, but read over some of your posts and substitute the car with a different noun. If it was a girl, you would have cheated on her and divorced her already. Also, we are biased, which is why we are here...what would happen if you went onto the reef tank forum and every thread of yours was about how stupid they look, and how difficult they were to maintain, and goldfish in a bowl would have been a much better buy, etc etc.
There is no point in "just living with" a brand new car, thats just a waste of money IMO. We are trying to help you. You have laid down your 'points' and our common consensus is you hate the car, you made the wrong choice, go get something you actually want.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
what would happen if you went onto the reef tank forum and every thread of yours was about how stupid they look, and how difficult they were to maintain, and goldfish in a bowl would have been a much better buy, etc etc..
So what you're saying is I'm wasting my time with my reef build & should just keep my bowl with the goldfish?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts