ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can send my headlights out to get them painted black??

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
do 'em yerself!! It only takes a couple hours..

Or send 'em to me and I'll do em for a fee..

Or come over one weekend, and we'll do them.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
yeah, I have a bugeye, and did my own. I did my civic's lights, before I had the WRX, too.. It's easy, just need a lot of patience..

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do 'em yerself!! It only takes a couple hours..

Or send 'em to me and I'll do em for a fee..

Or come over one weekend, and we'll do them.
it would be cool to stop by and just get them done. you did a really nice job!..where are you from

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
cool.. I'm in Winchester, about 1hr west of you.

I work in Chantilly.

·
Registered
105 Posts
ohh we should have a mid-a clearing party!
We should. While we're at it, I need to get all the corrosion off my lenses. Any tips on how to do that?

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
We should. While we're at it, I need to get all the corrosion off my lenses. Any tips on how to do that?
yeah, I've got ancient chinese secret for that, too ;)

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Guys, we should really do this. If y'all aren't scared to come to winchester (travel-wise), we can schedule some sunday (I work saturdays) to knock out a few sets of headlight refurb/mods for you all. I've got a garage, so if it's too cold out, we can pull the headlights and work in there. easy access to the oven, and such.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys, we should really do this. If y'all aren't scared to come to winchester (travel-wise), we can schedule some sunday (I work saturdays) to knock out a few sets of headlight refurb/mods for you all. I've got a garage, so if it's too cold out, we can pull the headlights and work in there. easy access to the oven, and such.
yea man that would be sweet. what sunday would u want to do it

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
yeah, from Baltimore, 70W to frederick, 15/340South to Berryville, VA Rt.7W, to winchester.

My mother-in-law lives in Turkey Point Island, just outside of Annapolis, so I'm familiar with the trip ;)

Let's get the holidays out of the way, and then we'll schedule a 'wrench-party'...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm only here for a couple more weeks (class starts January 14th). Is it possible to schedule everything before then? I honestly wouldnt mind driving out to Winchester for such an experience.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
it's quite possible.. I'd like to schedule one day to knock out a few sets of lights, but if it comes down to it, Ross, we can knock your's out as a solo project, if need be. :thumbup:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah man, lets definitely work something out. I've been wanting to clear my headlights and clean up the lenses for a little while now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm all for this too. I live in Arlington, so the drive to Winchester isn't that bad for me -- that is if you don't mind yet another WRX in your driveway... :p I came across one guy who had done the same to his headlights and I really liked how they looked, and since I'm gonna have this car for a *WHILE* I want to be REALLY happy with it. I'm already happy with it, I just want to keep it that way...

So anyway, I have weekends off...so Saturdays work...Sundays work...holidays work too (like MLK day).

·
Registered
105 Posts
I guess its a bit of short notice, but how does a week from today sound?

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Jan 6?

·
Registered
105 Posts
1 - 20 of 99 Posts