ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been in the Subaru scene ever since I got my 2011 WRB WRX Limited in late August of 2011. I drove 5 hrs over 300 miles away from Dewey Beach, Delaware where I work in the summer, to pick it up at Cumberland Maryland Subaru. I had been in contact with Tom Delawder at Cumberland Subaru who now is with Turbotek Tuning. The car had an SPT catback and shorty shifter factory installed on the car but at a very good price. He was very helpful and kept the dealer open later than their hours till I arrived. I walked out of the dealer at 9pm with a brand new 2011 WRB WRX. Drive home was a lot shorter than I had thought and bought my first tank of gasoline 3 hrs after I bought the car lol.

Ten days after I bought the car I contacted Tom and started to purchase what I call "light mods" such as a ski rack, roof rack, rubber floor mats, tailight overlays and foglight overlays. A couple days after that I purchased an AEM cold air intake and Cobb AP which were at my doorstep in 2 days. A week later my girlfriend drove my car back upstate to have the car got tinted. She brought it back in once piece... A couple weeks later I hit Tom back up and had him order me a Invidia catless dp. Plugged the AP back into the car after the install and put the stage 2 map on. The car pulls like a beast now. A lot better than it did stock.

When I got back up north for classes to start again I took a trip to the drag strip to see what she had. While we were waiting I was approached by two gentlemen that had previously owned wrxs, 09 and an 10. They now own 2011 mustang gts. One of the guys told me that on the new APs you can add a launch control. Turned that **** on and ran against the guy. Smoked his stang! hahaha. Ran a 12.7 If I can find the photo of the slip I'll post it.

Here are some photos.

Attachments

·
Æternum
20,615 Posts
Welcome!

I'd love to see proof of that 11.7" pass. Honestly, I don't believe it :dontknow:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SWEEET! lol, great cars! May have just talked my co-worker into buying an 08+ Sti hatch. If everything goes well there will be quite a few of us around... ^^ What color are you getting? and where you getting it from?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,233 Posts
I really like what you've done with flare in those shots, and the first pic is my fav. Great pics.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Welcome!

I'd like to see more detail on the 11.7 1/4 mile. That time definitely doesn't sound right. The fastest stock WRX times are in the high 12 second range.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Welcome!

I'd like to see more detail on the 11.7 1/4 mile. That time definitely doesn't sound right. The fastest stock WRX times are in the high 12 second range.
it sounds like he was staged when he ran that time, not stock. still wanna see a time slip for that

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry, corrected that 1/4 time! It was a 12.7 with cobb stage 2... 11.7 is really high, not sure why I posted that, anyway it's fixed now. Damn, wish the car would run a 11.7 though lol

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
ok thats a little better sounding haha. what was your 60' or do you have the pic of the slip?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I believe it was a 1.8 60ft and I know it was at 108mph... I'll try and find the slip. It's with all my other ones but my room is a mess so I'll try and clean it up this week and find out where they all are.

I was using the cobb ap launch control btw. First time I had actually dragged a AWD car and don't really want to do it again because of the wrx tranny but I do know I can get a better time out of it. They kicked me off the track after that run because I didn't have a helmet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts