Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Just think of the drivers expirence.

He killed a deer which ended up in his lap,
He must now repair his car that costs $$ maybe insurance will go up?
It spilled its guts all over the interior.

Gawd damn that would suck.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
ewww.

My 2 deer that i've hit so far weren't that bad. The guy is pretty lucky to not be injured or killed. I've already had 3 or 4 close calls with deer in my WRX up north in WI.

In WI though, if you hit a deer it is covered by the state (your deductable at least) and they can't raise your insurance. You are only out whatever amount of time it takes your car to be fixed.

tcc

·
Registered
158 Posts
I razor-sharp reflexes helped me avoid many deer. I've only hit one...and it went under the car! :confused: BTW, it was this car it went under...explain that!

Yes, I was a Honduh guy...but I didn't race it...it was 95% stereo. :D

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I hit a deer once in my old Outback while going 75mph on I-70. $8,000 worth of damage....

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wish I saw dear on the side of the road. Darn North Jersey... no wildlife here.

On second thought, that sounds like a good think after looking at those pictures...

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
I for one didnt think hitting a deer was that common of an occurance, i live near alot of deer and bear on a wooded road. but have yet to see one on the road. what are you all doing that you hit so many

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
There are just a lot around northern wisconsin. I've come down the freeway at 80mph to see a deer standing in the middle of the road. I came to a complete stop, and had to wait for it to get off the road. Maybe the deer are dumber around here. I also might just be unlucky.

I'd also guess that the ratio of cars vs. deer is lower at night on some of the roads that I drive on. Back country roads at night just scare me.

tcc

·
Registered
554 Posts
Back in high school. I was riding along in my friends accord and a deer ran into the back driver side door. It's head busted out the window. We can to a skidding stop to see what happened and the deer ran off. No blood or anything. And of course we got in trouble because his mom didn't believe a deer would run into the side of a car.

Justin

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Root said:
...And of course we got in trouble because his mom didn't believe a deer would run into the side of a car.

Justin
Yeah, well tell his mom that humans don't eat slinkys either! heehee, couldn't resist....I just laugh everytime I see your avatar.

I was these pics this morning. One of our motorcycle instructors circulated it to all of us to make sure we're aware of those four-legged creatures. I saw a couple myself the mornings I was headed to the last motorcycle class I did. Just have to be aware and make sure you can stop in time.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Root said:
Back in high school. I was riding along in my friends accord and a deer ran into the back driver side door. It's head busted out the window. We can to a skidding stop to see what happened and the deer ran off. No blood or anything. And of course we got in trouble because his mom didn't believe a deer would run into the side of a car.

Justin
I've had the same thing happen to me twice. One did hardly any damage, the other one thrashed the drivers side of my car and ended up in the middle of the road with a broken leg. I got out and kicked him a few times.:mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts