ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I'm going to try and be as descriptive as I can be.

I'm finding some oil underneath my car. Not a whole lot but a little piddle spot every now and again. I see a drip hanging from my oil pan right around where the washer goes. So I can almost be %99 sure it could be my ring washer. I'll replace that when I change my oil next...

$hitty picture of my oil pan and you can see the little drip if you look close haha

the second issue is that I also see a drip hanging from a valve that sits directly south (towards rear) of the oil pan and between the front axles.

aaaaand $hitty pic of valve that's causing some oil seepage....its the one without the dirt on it. because oil has been running down it i assume.

any help would be amazing!

·
Registered
25,496 Posts
the first picture is of your drain plug gasket. That is placed there as an actual gasket.. That needs to be replaced everytime you change your oil. Replace it.

The second picture I could not tell you what the hell that is. Put some effort into it and get back to us.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its not grease, i know that. I've had a boot throwing grease before. Tonight when i parked my car i quick took my flashlight and looked underneath and saw that hose actually drip oil. Not really sure what the hose is or what it does and i've been researching all night. Can't seem to find anything. Tomorrow I'm bringing it to the dealer (3,000 miles power train) and having them deal with it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay so I called the dealer this morning and they said it's a gasket that has gone bad from the hose coming from the turbo. They are fixing it tomorrow. Thank goodness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts