Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Third happiest day of my life today.

My new WRX CVT Australian delivery premium, with eyesight etc was born at Rolfe Subaru Canberra Australia, weighing 1,500kg, WR Blue, healthy and ready for any road surface.

After three hours of running/breaking in during conservative driving I'm surprised how composed and effortless fast it is in traffic and semi highway driving. Suspension not too erratic and there is plenty of grip. Can hardly notice the CVT moving through its simulated 6 or 8 steps.

Eyesight and adaptive cruise control is awesome, stopping itself several times whilst I was flat footed approaching traffic lights. Harman kardon speakers and sub kicks ear drums.

Why would anyone buy a manual?...all of the extra safety you get with cvt outweighs any manual stick shifting.
I'm in love all over again!???????????????????

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to Rolfe Subaru...see Sam...he is a top bloke.....Capital did not even let me drive their demo...Rolfe didn't have one so they let me drive a Levorg instead....great accomodating service...good luck and the CVT is awesome!

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
.... Can hardly notice the CVT moving through its simulated 6 or 8 steps....
That is because there are no "steps." The mechanism is a belt on 2 smooth pulleys and even when in the paddle shift mode the belt just slides to a new position on the smooth pulleys - no steps.
Welcome and congrats.

·
Æternum
15,474 Posts
Why would anyone buy a manual?...all of the extra safety you get with cvt outweighs any manual stick shifting.
Because automatics are ****ing boring and the CVT breaks if you even look at it sideways.

·
Registered
386 Posts
And you get more feel that you are driving a car vs being taken for a ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you to all the well wishers...I agree the manual is a great car too, but it's a bit hard to buy a manual car if your wife only can drive an automatic. If I was well off and single I'd own an STI spec R and what I purchased yesterday for when I felt lazy and wanted more safety features....of course they would both be in WR Blue!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thank you to all the well wishers...I agree the manual is a great car too, but it's a bit hard to buy a manual car if your wife only can drive an automatic. If I was well off and single I'd own an STI spec R and what I purchased yesterday for when I felt lazy and wanted more safety features....of course they would both be in WR Blue!
Could've always taught her there cupcake lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Æternum
15,474 Posts
On a side note, I taught my wife how to drive standard on my old WRX. I had a 2003 with that weak 5MT, so it was nervewracking. She caught on really fast in within a few days bought her MS3 and daily drove that thing for 3 years.

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
I taught my old wife how to drive stick on my new S-10 pickup truck years ago. But it was too nerve wracking for "her" and she just couldn't bring herself to feel comfortable driving it. As she got older, she just refused to even try anymore.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts