Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep...it happened....2500 miles on my WR blue paint and it burned thru my clearcoat . Found a solution I think. Polished it out with a product called micro gloss.Im sure there are many polishes out there but this worked best for me. Clay bar doesn't polish and swirl remover is a bit too abrasive. So now I carry a spray bottle of distilled H2o and a microfiber to clean it off asap before it can burn my paint.

·
Registered
185 Posts
A friend gave me a bottle of Ethos Defy which I leave in my trunk along with some microfiber towels (I alway have microfiber towels in my cars). I use it as a quick detailer and to clean off contaminates like bird droppings and tree sap. It does a pretty good job.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Shoot. I just use bottles of water that I have in my car all the time because I enjoy not having kidney stones. A old towel that is no longer in bathroom circulation is always in my car too just for this purpose and to conceal something that the... Weaker kneed in our population would start shaking if they saw it.

·
Super Moderator
11,433 Posts
What the hell are the birds eating up there.

Use a good wax. Polishing and scratch removal remove clear coat. You don't want to do that often.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the berries they eat have tannic acid...and they have sand in their diet for the digestive system that acts like sandpaper.so they crap on my hood etc and then it sits for 8 hrs baking in the sun on our Subaru fragile clear coat....I hate birds.

·
Registered
40 Posts
the berries they eat have tannic acid...and they have sand in their diet for the digestive system that acts like sandpaper.so they crap on my hood etc and then it sits for 8 hrs baking in the sun on our Subaru fragile clear coat....I hate birds.
Invest 100 bucks on a car cover

1 - 6 of 6 Posts