ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, a bird crapped on my car, and now my paint is all f*cked up (on the driver's side roof none-the-less). So, what are my options?

I was looking to take it to a body shop to have it repainted, but I'm kinda anxious that they won't do a good job (you can see the repair).

BTW, I did clay-bar the area, and all that happened was a little bit of paint started to flake off. GRRRRRRRR I'm sooo o mad right now...

Suggestions?

<edit>

Well, called the body shop that the local subaru dealer reccomended. They're quoting me a price of $437 'cause they have to repaint the whole roof, otherwise the clearcoat will peel. I'm going to call around more, but is this price out of left-field, or accurate (I wouldn't say "fair" because "fair" is no where close to this )

·
Registered
273 Posts
I didn't know bird crap could do that!!!:eek: Man that sucks, I'am going to make sure to wash off any bird **** that gets on my car.

WOW!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I didn't know that either. That's why I let it go until the end of the week (when I normally wash my car)

Now, I'm paying for it....

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts
Birds always seek out my car after it's been washed!

I HATE SEAGULLS! :mad:

·
Registered
363 Posts
That's why I always carry a bottle of Quick Detailer with me. I came home one time to find that I had EIGHT bird poopies on my car. I was royally unhappy.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Once I worked in a lab testing aluminum pigments usually sold to Ford to make metallic finishes. My job was to test for acid resistance. But that was in the 70's. Modern paints, good ones, should not fade like that. I'd ask the dealer to fix it.
russ

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Thats some strong bird $h!t. Sounds more like they were shooting out acidic bullets! Spraying the "infected" area with a hose always worked for me.....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What do I say, the paint is defective? Heck, I called the dealership for reccomendations of autobody places in the area...

Something tells me they'll say to pound sand...

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
They can tell you whatever they want. What matters is what you tell them. Be polite and persitent. Make sure they know you aren't going to take no for an answer.

If their paint fades from bird crap, it's defective. When they specified the paint for the car they should have known birds would poop on it.

BTW, was this avulture or something with really strong stomach acid?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I agree with the be persistant thing. It has paid off for me.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Look at the bright side...at least that super bird didn't poop on you and burn you a new orifice on your body with its radioactive shiz;).

·
Registered
837 Posts
WRXin' said:
Look at the bright side...at least that super bird didn't poop on you and burn you a new orifice on your body with its radioactive shiz;).

hahahaha, thats great :D

i almost got shat on by a seagull at the beach....i was just out in the ocean swimming, minding my own business, when all of a sudden sh1t bombs started dropping all around me. at first, i was confused. then, as i looked to the sky, i saw the enemies flying away in defeat as they missed their target. :mad:

stupid birds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts