ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Subaru WRX stock engine with only a couple mods.
1.) HKS Exhaust
2.) Blow off Valve

I wanted to know what is the biggest turbo I can install in that car.

An some other suggestions for parts?

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have a 2006 Subaru WRX stock engine with only a couple mods.
1.) HKS Exhaust
2.) Blow off Valve

I wanted to know what is the biggest turbo I can install in that car.

An some other suggestions for parts?
Lose the BOV get a gt35r with an external Wastegate to get the most out of the HKS as its got negative affects without one.

·
Banned
327 Posts
there is really no such thing as the "biggest turbo" it depends on alot of things. to you want top end power or low end? are you willing to buy a bunch of supporting mods or do you pretty much just want to throw the turbo on with a tune? are you willing to redo the tranny and block? how much HP you shooting for?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
IP doesn't match anyone here, and he's registered as being 17, so let's be friendly and give him help for now. Moving to Engine Mods.

It's not just a matter of "what's the biggest turbo". To use a different turbocharger than stock means having the supporting modifications (fuel injectors, fuel pump, engine map, uppipe and downpipe if you don't already have them, etc..) Also, many huge turbochargers will not just "bolt up" to a WRX, and will need some custom fab work done.

Bear in mind, the larger the turbo, in general, the more lag you create, making the car that much less drivable on a day-to-day basis. Also, you reach a point where the stock internals can't take the beating anymore.

Do the research, set realistic goals, and make plans accordingly. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx I am 17! This is my first car! An I am trying to get the best looks an performance out of it. I am going to get new internals as soon as a get a couple grand. Thx for the help guys!!:tongue: I will keep hanging out on the forums.

N

·
0 Posts
Yea dood you need to go in stages...cobb ap v,20, then get a cat back and a tune for your gear..then consider going bigger turbo as ray said its not as simple as just slapping shi *t in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts