ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
It looks nice and well taken care of...well, except that cracked widshield. Have a good mechanic/tuning shop look it over and compression test it before buying.

·
Premium Member
6,299 Posts
and what do you mean by that? I know its the transmission but i dont know anything about these cars really.
Many of this forum's inhabitants(myself included) are manual trans aficionados.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many of this forum's inhabitants(myself included) are manual trans aficionados.
Yeah ive noticed haha. Ive always driven automatics, i know people will get on my ass about it but im fine with whatever. I had an 03 Acura TL type-S but the tranny went out on me so im looking for something smaller/more reliable/awd. I wish my budget wasnt so limited.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Haha tranny aficionado... Errrm

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
and what do you mean by that? I know its the transmission but i dont know anything about these cars really.
Sorry, I should have said automatic. I get too caught up in lingo sometimes and forget not everyone knows what I'm talking about lol.

Nothing wrong with an automatic really, I just couldn't drive one. These cars are meant to be driven manually in my opinion. Having an automatic takes a little of that driving experience away because you can't really choose where you want your RPM's to be. Again, this is just my opinion.

Like I said the car really does look like a winner. Aside from the cracked windshield which, I missed. I would make them fix that first as it is illegal in some states to drive with a broken windshield.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, I should have said automatic. I get too caught up in lingo sometimes and forget not everyone knows what I'm talking about lol.

Nothing wrong with an automatic really, I just couldn't drive one. These cars are meant to be driven manually in my opinion. Having an automatic takes a little of that driving experience away because you can't really choose where you want your RPM's to be. Again, this is just my opinion.

Like I said the car really does look like a winner. Aside from the cracked windshield which, I missed. I would make them fix that first as it is illegal in some states to drive with a broken windshield.
Its all good my man, ill probably get crap for it for a loooong time if i end up getting it. I hardly noticed the windshield either!
Does that price seem right or should i talk him down a bit?

Also i found this, communicating with this guy as well, 2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Its all good my man, ill probably get crap for it for a loooong time if i end up getting it. I hardly noticed the windshield either!
Does that price seem right or should i talk him down a bit?

Also i found this, communicating with this guy as well, 2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
The price on the 02 is a little high, but that is to be expected for these cars. NADA has it listed at $5825 so it isn't too bad.

As for the 2.5 RS just remember that is the non-turbo version of the Impreza line. Really it's a different car than a WRX.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The price on the 02 is a little high, but that is to be expected for these cars. NADA has it listed at $5825 so it isn't too bad.

As for the 2.5 RS just remember that is the non-turbo version of the Impreza line. Really it's a different car than a WRX.
im gonna shoot for $6000 for the wrx and see what i can do based on what i see tomorrow when i look at it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts