Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2013 WRX with a Cobb SF Intake and the 93 Octane Cobb Stage 1 + Intake HWG map. After installing the intake and flashing the new map, the average gas mileage for my daily commute has dropped from about 23mpg to 18mpg (tracked over a period of ~2 months on both sides of the install). For reference, I commute from Somerville, MA to Bedford, MA using route 2, 95, and route 3. So, it's a mix of interstate driving and a little city driving.

This was a much bigger hit to my mpg than I had expected from just a stage 1 map. Does this seem reasonable? Or is it a sign that something could be wrong?

· Premium Member
4,858 Posts
Probably just being heavy on the gas...the tune opens the car up more. I remember it being more responsive when I had my 2009. I doubt it's anything to worry about honestly. Check your logs to be sure though

· Registered
2015 ISM WRX Premium SPT package
263 Posts
There's a high low and normal WG map. Why run HWG? Bedford is just 135' for sea level (have fam in Quincy), flash to the normal and see how that goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.