Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys I have a 2004 wrx and I was wondering if the car would hold up fine with a big 16g swap. Car has a downpipe,uppipe,intake, and a few other little things I know I'll be needing a bigger fuel pump and a bigger tmic and also bigger injectors. It has an 05 sti tranny as well. Thanks for your guises input

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
I would say it depends on the mileage and condition of the engine. If it has a lot of miles on it, and/or the engine has been abused, it'll be pretty risky. If the engine is in good health, you don't skimp on supporting mods, and you get a good tune it should be alright for a while.. I wouldn't expect it to last as long as it would with the stock turbo, but I also wouldn't expect it to blow up immediately either.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,580 Posts
From your description the car has seen better days, because in general gearboxes need some help to fail. I suspect the engine and owner both provided that help. I see no scenario in which adding a 16G helps longevity. It probably won't fail on day 1. Your guess beyond that is as good as mine. Nice turbos though -- Mitsubishi turbos are great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts