2. Turn the engine on and wait until it shuts itself off automatically
3. Disconnect the battery
4. Pressure is now relieved
5. Go ahead and replace fuel filter

:)

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
i have to do this this weekend. where is it in the bay? i haven't even had a chance to look.

i should be able to get which fuse it is in the manual.

thanks.

dR

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well, being the resident technician, I suppose I should have jumped on this one a little sooner. Ok The fuel filter is located in the upper right corner of the engine bay, right next to the washer fluid tank. Its held in place with a little tention clamp on its side. Remove it from the clamp, and take care not to drop the little rubber ring thats around it - youll need to reuse it. I usually use place a pliers on the fuel line itself where its over the filter, and rock it back and forth to loosen it. Then take the open end of an 11mm combination wrench and use it to pry the hose off of the filter. Just keep your face away from the hose when you pry it off - sometimes there will still be pressure in the fuel rail, and it can spray gas at you.

Opening the gas cap is usually a good idea. I dont think I would go to the trouble of running the engine without the fuel pump - Ive done several hundred fuel filters without doing that and have never had a problem.

Speed safely,

Joe
[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Easy as anything. Just pull the fuse, with the motor running the turn it off, wire pliers work best because they dont ruin the hose. Then slip the hoses on the new one and clamp it in. 10-15 min job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts