Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a little bit off of subie topic but what are some of the best sleepers you have ever seen. Please only post about cars that you have actually seen or riden in as rumors of a "super sleeper" or other magical cars can be fabricated by even the most idiotic ricer out there.

Two that come to mind are the Dodge Caravan that I'm sure you have all seen in the video of it vs. the Camaro where it runs an 11 (if you haven't seen it, get kazaa or the like and search for "caravan"). The other is the 1g Tiburon that had 2 motors.

p.s. I did see a WRX on the board that had a black FMIC, kudos to that man because at night he is going to own lots and lots of unsuspecting people.

·
Banned
968 Posts
Twice said:
p.s. I did see a WRX on the board that had a black FMIC, kudos to that man because at night he is going to own lots and lots of unsuspecting people.
Why thank you.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yeah the stealth wrx's are very nice. I think if I went to stage 4 I would have to change my car to make it more stealth looking. The 22B wing is a little obvious.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,727 Posts
Best sleeper I ever saw?

The yellow Merc that looked just like a run of the mill taxi cab, complete with 300D badge in the back. The previous badge, the one the car came with, said 400E.

·
Premium Member
5,596 Posts
I have a simular thread on Stangnet.com that has reached 16 pages I think last time i checked.

Anyway..there's tons but here are a few:
Any 5.0 coupe those things are boxes and can run anything from 13.6 to 10
GN-X
Buick T type
Lincoln Mark VII
Typhoon
Cyclone
any turbo le baron
K cars with turbo 2.2's GLH trim code (Goes like hell)
302 in maita
Merkurs
Anything on Turbobricks.com
Ford Fiesta with a 351
302 Mavericks
ford Thunderbolts
Dodge Daytona Shelby edition
Buddys stock appearing HF crx...stock until you hear the blow off valve
94 Lightings

And that's just a few that i came up with while sitting here

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
952 Posts
A neighbor of my friend had a gutted out Volvo DL wagon complete with rusting brownish red paint (yes the boxy ones from the early 80's, maybe even late 70's) with a sweet 350 under the hood.

He said he would he would make people he raced go :eek: !!!

The only thing that could give it away was the abnormally wide rear tires (for a DL).

Whoever built it just had the most evil smirk on his face the entire time.

·
Registered
178 Posts
ok lets go with import sleeper cars now, since ive seen everydomestic one.

any honda thats built right, cause i know every honda i see i just think to my self man i bet thats teh slowest thing ive seen all day. but a htach with a motor swap and done right could eat a mustang GT easy.

a RX-3

a wrx would be a great sleeper, hey i meen its a 4 door 4 cylender rice mobile, (atleast thats what i tell unsespectiing mustnag owners)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All those so far are pretty good but there are a few flaws.

For an "Ultimate Sleeper" I consider any of the following to pretty much subtract from the sleeper apeal/look.

1. Gauges visible to other drivers.
2. Stock badging on car that was fast to begin with.
3. Cars with stickers/body kits/neon/wing.

Unfortunatly this pretty much rules out all the good Hondas because their owners tend to rice the hell out of them.

For the most part though everyone's cars are pretty good.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Twice said:
All those so far are pretty good but there are a few flaws.

For an "Ultimate Sleeper" I consider any of the following to pretty much subtract from the sleeper apeal/look.

1. Gauges visible to other drivers.
2. Stock badging on car that was fast to begin with.
3. Cars with stickers/body kits/neon/wing.

Unfortunatly this pretty much rules out all the good Hondas because their owners tend to rice the hell out of them.

For the most part though everyone's cars are pretty good.
4. The sound of a small blcok coming out of a Ford Festiva at idle.

·
Premium Member
13,832 Posts
A local guy with a POS-looking wood-paneled '87 Caravan gets my vote. It's got a Talon TSi motor (Eclipse 2.0L turbo) in it running nice boost and has other bolt-ons! The interior is somewhat stripped. This thing beat my a$$ at the dragstrip one night. I was happy to lose to such a cool sleeper. :D

I think it ran a 14.2 @98 or something. Not the fastest thing - but enough to wail on my torqueless beast. The wood paneling really does it for me, though. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is a sleeper:

http://www.turbovan.net/van.html

Dodge minivan (woody) with 12 second ETs. Another guy runs a sick turbo Omni with Woody racing stripes at Cecil; that one is actually quite fast.

I'd also vote for some of the 86-87 Regal Limiteds with the turbo 3.8 liter drivetrain. Looks like a grandpa car with hood ornaments, pillow seats, vinal roofs, running lights, column shifter, but has the same motor as the rest of the turbo regals.

-S.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Everytime I see Mili727's car I have dreams about destroying unsuspecting cars. That is an excelent example of keeping stock appearance while adding tons of horsepower.

Kudos again.

·
Registered
21,178 Posts
for anyone that is not a car buff, the turbo grand nationals are the best sleepers. most people i know mistake them for cutlas's but then their jaw drops when they run 12's with just exhaust work.

i think the wrx is a good sleeper, especially to fool the domestic lovers. they assume a wrx is something along the lines of a sentra or corolla type car. until you give it gas:D

also, i have always thought the 2k2-2k3 nissan maxima 6pseeds were awesome sleepers. its a mid-size family sedan for $25k and will run a mid 14 stock, and see 13's with basic bolt on's. i drive a modded 97' maxima right now with bolt on's, and people are shocked when they ride in my "grocery getter" and feel its power, although i only run high 14's, so to have a modded 2k2 would be a great sleeper.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree with the 5.0 in the miata, only problem is getting it to hook up.

For a while I was considering putting a normal impreza hood on my car and getting a black FMIC, but not many people give a wagon a second look....perfect example was the Lexus GS400 that tried to get the jump on me to a turn lane today.

·
Registered
514 Posts
One of the best sleepers I ever hear about was a red civic with chrome trios, stickers, spray painted pieces here and there, riced out tha frame, at a dyno cometition that made over 400 whp!

Imagine some poor guy trying to teach this "ricer" a lesson.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts