Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am new to wrxs and i am getting one this week. looking to get basic mods but i would like to get 300hp to the fly. i am looking into getting up/down pipe, cold air, and maybe a cat back. what are other mods that would be effective? oh and how much more hp does the hks downpipe add then a regular style downpipe that keeps one of the cats? i need to keep the car street legal so i dont want to remove all the cats but if it costs alot of power it may just have to come off. if its possible could i have a list of mods and how much hp each one adds... thanks any help is appreciated.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
scratch the CAI. spend the money on a UTEC to compliment the other mods (UP, DP, CB) intakes (especially cold air) won't make power on this car till you're at 300hp

if you want to keep a cat, do one of the OE sized DP's like bosal or vishnu sig series. the HKS isn't worth it imo. there is a big wall on the flange blocking wastegate gasses. get a bellmouth or a twin dump.

dR

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
300 Crank HP can be attained retaining the stock turbo and doing just about everything else.

In my order of importance:
1) Boost controller: EBC or MBC
2) Uppipe
3) Silicone Intercooler Hoses
4) Panel Filter for stock intake system (do NOT get a CAI)
5) Turboback exhaust
6) Lightened Crank Pulley
7) ECU upgrade
8) Lightened Flywheel w/ or w/o an upgraded clutch

A blow-off valve is also completely unnecesary, as the WRX comes with a stock bypass valve.

-Jim

·
Registered
514 Posts
PlatinumWRX said:
300 Crank HP can be attained retaining the stock turbo and doing just about everything else.

In my order of importance:
1) Boost controller: EBC or MBC
2) Uppipe
3) Silicone Intercooler Hoses
4) Panel Filter for stock intake system (do NOT get a CAI)
5) Turboback exhaust
6) Lightened Crank Pulley
7) ECU upgrade
8) Lightened Flywheel w/ or w/o an upgraded clutch

A blow-off valve is also completely unnecesary, as the WRX comes with a stock bypass valve.

-Jim
You suggest a Boost conroller with ECU upgrade?
I thought a good ECU upgrade will up the boost to the right level with the correct fuel, ignition corrections.
I'm still a Suby-newby so I don't know.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
no, even the UTEC uses a little bleed valve to regulate boost. the map is based on the valve though, so they work together, not independantly.

i agree with jim for the most part. the only thing i would do is change up the order. i like

uppipe first
downpipe
boost control
IC hoses
ECU

don't forget BRAKES!

dR

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
You could always get a WRX-R badge and that would clearly add 50 whp, no? :p

It's too early for me! :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
smg944,
Check out THIS LINK .

It is a list of most all the tuners for the WRX. It included all their packages with hp numbers and prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts