ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am looking for the best mod I can get for my car for around or under $300. I was thinking maybe a MBC? is it safe to get one even though my car is completly stock (02' WRX) And I was also thinking about getting a new BOV what should I get.. HKS or Greddy?

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason I am asking... I have no $ income until Snocross starts this winter.. so I have to be very carful on what I buy, I don't want to get into Engine Man. becuase it's way to much $ but I still want to have a decently fast WRX that can still be reliable enought to get me to high school and home, but i can still beat the piss out of... So would the Up/Dwn pipe be the best bang for my dollar!?

Agian thanks for the help!

·
Registered
498 Posts
mbc, too much hassle, DP/UP easy!! BOV no performance gains, just loud ppppssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh noise! my opinion, but more expensive the Perrin DP

·
Registered
32 Posts
unless you wana sound like a rice rocket tard you dont NEED a bov till you get more power and boost (a lot more). but i hear teh greddy one is nice.

ive been asking the same question you have about first mods. aperantly the name of the game is up pipe and down pipe. frees up the exhaust system a little more for later moding. you could prolly find a UP+DP combo used for about 300

·
Registered
397 Posts
Downpipe would be easiest to change. You will gain some hp and spool earlier. Uppipe will help spool tremendously. Either one would be good. My first mod was a greddy profec b set at 16 psi. With a completely stock exhaust a/f was under 10.4 at wot. Pretty safe, with the exception of the possibility of blowing the uppipe cat. Sooooo, my vote is your choice of uppipe/downpipe, depending on your wrenching ability.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There's an ERZ up/downpipe combo on ebay right now for $210 new.... you can't beat that! The downpipe is even bellmouth! If you dont care about hurting your car or reliability than throw on an MBC and crank it up to 17psi...(I don't recomend option #2 :) )

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
§tï said:
EZR up and dp combo i think it sells for under 300:wiggles: not exactly sure
o yeah! I completely forgot about that. This is by far the best bang for buck out there. its just over $200 and are quality peices.

but if it is just 1 specific mod, the MBC will give the best gains, but its not that reliable. so I would say the downpipe for a single mod

-if your strapped for cash, get the ERZ up/dp combo. cant go wrong with it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Also, if at some point down the road you need to get a BOV go with forge, unlike most other bov's it doesn't decrease performance on a stock Rex ( the turbo actually spools about 100 rpms quicker).

good luck,

.Thomas.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well for performance Up/Dp ... but if you want to beat on it all the time and not have to sit in your car with the engine running for a while everytime you finish, you should get a turbo timer and then buy some performance mods once you can get more $$.

·
Registered
476 Posts
SER 2 WRX said:
Well for performance Up/Dp ... but if you want to beat on it all the time and not have to sit in your car with the engine running for a while everytime you finish, you should get a turbo timer and then buy some performance mods once you can get more $$.
I never really thought it was that much of a hassle to let my car idle for a few minutes after installing something, especially not moneys worth

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
SER 2 WRX said:
Not really necessary in this car, at least with the stock TD04. The system is designed to provide coolant flow in a manner that prevents coking of the bearings.

·
Registered
498 Posts
UURX02 said:
I never really thought it was that much of a hassle to let my car idle for a few minutes after installing something, especially not moneys worth
listen, our cars have a coolant based turbo. so we dont need to let the car idle for "minutes" if you are out running it hard just take the long way home and let the car calm down. a turbo timer is a waste of money with just basic mods, unless you get the really expensive TT's that tell you what speed you are going and all that fun stuff. I mean i usually let my car idle for like a min while i check my mail when i get off work, but thats just a habit. all that said, you dont need a turbo timer!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts