Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any good suggestions for lowering springs that would give me an inch drop or so? I know the risks of blowing struts and whatnot so any other advice or ideas are welcomed.

·
I Drink & I Know Things
1,906 Posts
I'm a fan of the RCE springs. If you want the yellows, they'll get you your inch. I went with the blacks on my '16 ('regular guys'). It's a more subtle drop...more like a half inch. More noticeable up front. They both offer stiffer spring rates so you will sacrifice ride comfort a bit. I'm very happy with the ride/handling combo with the blacks. Wheel clearance is another factor if you plan to upsize. Especially with the yellows. Each RCE set comes with new bump stops as well. RCE is high quality. They have a great reputation for engineering their springs properly.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I went with RCE Blacks as well, paired with GTWorx Bilstein shocks. The drop I've experienced is just shy of an inch. I've heard that the RCE Yellows can be unbearable on rough roads, but I guess it depends on what you're looking for and what your local roads are like. I feel totally comfortable driving it "spiritedly" around town, and also taking it to HPDE events.

IMG_20180329_152421_HDR.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts