Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking suggestions for what I should replace my stock side markers with. I don’t know if clear ones would look to great on a black WRX.
If anyone has pictures of their black WRX with what they used to replace the stock markers, that would be very helpful. Thank you.
:)

·
Super Moderator
1,991 Posts
Here's mine:

and

HTH,
Steve

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
i got a set of zerosports replicas off of ebay for $100. they look nice =) they say it helps ventilate the engine compartment....i really don't think so.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your help. I appreciate the real world pictures. I guess I will go for the clear markers, but what’s the difference between the clear ones and the crystal clear ones? Is it the same thing?
As for what vender to use, I know I am not going anywhere near vivid, so its time to start looking around.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have the "clear" ones. (driver side one stopped working today :mad: ) but they look good on black. The crystal ones are more see through and some say they match the headlight better... I ordered mine from revolutions motorsports for $33. It took them a week to get to me. But tommorow i'm going to have to uninstall it and see whats gone wrong :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After Blackshadow made that post I did a search and now I don’t think I want those kind of markers. It looks like to many people have had problems with them. They don’t fit right and they can melt way to easy. I guess I’ll have to spend a lot more money for CF.

:(

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mines been working fine for about a month now (knock on wood). Also got it from Revolutions Motorsports. It's a good cheap replacement till I can get the CF vents. I do agree about the fitment though. I think it's a horrible fit but you can only see it up close. From far away it looks fine.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Darkstar said:
After Blackshadow made that post I did a search and now I don’t think I want those kind of markers. It looks like to many people have had problems with them. They don’t fit right and they can melt way to easy. I guess I’ll have to spend a lot more money for CF.

:(
get the euro spec clears (stock on wrx's in europe) you'll have to dremmel out the back (takes 2 seconds, and exacto knife would prolly work too)

they fit like oem, and look great. mine have been in for 8 months, and they're tighter than a dolphin's ass.

;)

dR

·
349 Posts
You guys are disgusting =)

·
Super Moderator
1,991 Posts
I got my crystal lenses (below) from Initial K on i-Club <[email protected]> for $39.99 plus $7 shipping. No modifications needed to fit the bulbs, and the fit was pretty good. no leakage or fogging.

Steve

smorris said:
Here's mine:

and

HTH,
Steve

1 - 20 of 45 Posts