ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buying a wrx, but if I buy it I want it to fly. I am looking to get atleast 300 whp, more if I can afford it. Who makes an all inclusive kit for the wrx that puts down serious numbers? How much does it run?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
A vf30/34 setup should come pretty close, shouldn't it? Should be around 280-300whp, but not much more. It's about the cheapest way there though, and a port, polish and clip could boost it a bit more. Otherwise a vf22 will give you a bit higher peak hp.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I think I VF34 might be a little too small to get at least 300rwhp. I'd go with something larger, probably an 18G. As far as an all inclusive kit, I would probably go with TurboXS's stage 4 kit, but get bigger injectors and a bigger turbo. There are other ways, though, of course.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Stage 4 from Turbo XS should be about that on the VF22...or you could piece your own "kit" together.

Basically should go something like this:
Turbo back (TXS/Invidia are my favorites)
Up Pipe (take your pick, stock gutted, TXS, Crucial, etc etc)
Turbo (18G would make an *honest* easy 300 whp, vf22 if money is an issue)
Fuel system (for 300 whp STi pinks are close, or you could go PE 650cc's or mod your stockers and get a fuel pump)
Intercooler depends on what you want... (fmic or tmic?) Turbo XS/Hyperflow make some nice pieces or if you have some extra cash APS.
ECU (I would personally go UTEC, but seems like a number of people are in love with EcuTek as well)

Get some tuning and you should be there...also if you notice in people's signatures theres links to a mod page...check it out, a lot of people have posted dyno numbers on their setups.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
ArcadiaBBQ said:
So with the above kit what would I be spending?
Depends on exactly what you get, but it will probably be at least $4000 if you buy everything new. If I remember correctly:

UTEC: $1000
VF22/18G: $600-$1000
TBE: $1000
Uppipe: $200
Intercooler:$800-$1200
Injectors:$400-$600
Fuel pump:$100

So that would be a nice chunk of change. If you look for used parts, you can get great deals, but you can also get ripped off (I lost $500 last year).

·
Registered
479 Posts
either go cheap - decent power or expensive rediculous power.

expensive/rediculous:
UTEC - 800 used
TBE - 700 used
uppipe - 100 used
FP green - 1200 - 1400
large injectors - 600
FMIC - txs for 999
gauges/misc parts - 300

cost you roughly $4700 then you have to add in the price of a good tune.
eidt: this setup should be good for 350whp+ as long as ur tranny doesn't grenade (which it will)

OR if you want a decent 260 - 270 whp you could go with my setup in the works:
vf30 used - 450
sti pinks used - 300
ERZ up/dp combo - 250
Accessport - 600
for around $1600 you can't go wrong. What a lot of people are paying for a full exhaust, i managed to get a "stage 4" setup (cobb actually calls it 2.5)
In the future you could also add a TMIC and fuel pump for around $600 and get the claimed 280 - 290 whp. (360 crank) that stage 3 should give.

-burrito

·
Registered
128 Posts
burrito007 said:

OR if you want a decent 260 - 270 whp you could go with my setup in the works:
vf30 used - 450
sti pinks used - 300
ERZ up/dp combo - 250
Accessport - 600
for around $1600 you can't go wrong. -burrito
the above is priced around 2600 new. except the exhaust parts are helix, and there is no accessport, but an ECUTEK reflash. http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/PowerPackages.htm

Cobb claims 315~320hp on something like this setup. i have no idea how many whp that is.

question: how do you know you want 300+ whp before you even buy the car. how many crank hp is 300+? unless you've owned something high powered presiously, i'd imagine 300+ whp car would be a beast to tame....

·
Registered
479 Posts
300+whp really depends on the dyno

people have gotten 300whp on a vf34, others have only gotten 250 on a vf34 with same tuning just on a differenty dyno.

i think by 300whp he doesn't mean on the killer dynos. comparable to rearwheelhp on a rwd car, the most friendly and forgiving awd dyno would still dyno around 20hp lower than a comparable rwd dyno. so 280whp is pretty much equivalent to what a rw dyno would call 300 whp.

still, i think the best thing to do for a beginner is a vf34 and supporting mods. can be had relatively inexpensively. also there's a lot of info if you want to do the install yourself.

from driving in a vf30'd Utec tuned wrx (SBW's car) the thing was a beast and you couldn't really ask for more (except for the 1818 he ended up putting in ... or was it an 1820)

still, i'd start small and work up. buy used to begin with, and sell it when you want to go bigger. if you buy used and turn it around fairly quickly, you shouldn't lose much, or any money.

·
Registered
20 Posts
my 300 hp wrx

well first off word up the the different dyno reading not alot of people realize that. well my wrx that has 300hp goes like this i paid more but i got more i wanted a 300hp daily driver and i got what i asked for . APS cold aid intake APS turbo back exhaust APS front mount intercoller APS upipe STI injecotrs Walbor fuel pump VF34i know its small but it works great. plus EXEDY hyper single clutch STi version 4 tranny with 4:11 gears STI closed rear lsd and STI rear axles and Access port i have teins suspention and sti version 7 whells and soem cobb brakes but for power mods that what i have and its worht the money everytime i use the gas

1 - 16 of 16 Posts