Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got out of college and started leasing a 2017 STI, though I'll buy it at the end of the lease.

I'm looking at upgrading the exhaust system and air intake. And there's a lot of options, so I don't really know what the best route to take is.

I like the sound of this exhaust, so I didn't know if I should build a system with it, or just go with the cat-back.
aFe Takeda 3.0" Catback Exhaust - 2015+ WRX / 2015+ STI

But then there's the Cobb turbo back which doesn't seem bad either.
COBB Tuning - COBB Tuning -Subaru SS 3" Turboback Exhaust STI

· Registered
740 Posts
There are a ton of different options with different sounds. You would need clarify what type you are looking for. Also if you're going TBE or just sticking to CB.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking for a deep / throaty / mean sounding exhaust. Like I said, I like the sound of the CB I posted. I wasn't sure if I should do anything else with it or not. I'm going to get an air intake from the same manufacturer as that CB though.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
They're fine with a cat back, so long as I remove it before the end of the lease. But I'm going to buy the car anyway. I'm just not sure how they'd feel with a full TBE and tune while still leased.

Would this be a suitable guide for tuning the car myself? I'm not sure if there are any tuners around me, but they're probably expensive if there are.
Opensource Read Up.. - Subaru WRX Forum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.