Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, I'm a victim of the faulty fire wall. My mechanic told me that eventually my clutch would go out if I dont fix it and now its slipping. The worst part is I just put in a stage 3 Competition clutch a year ago, but I hated it. The stage 3 comp clutch shuttered so bad I might need new engine mounts and I already replaced the tranny mount.

So my question is what clutch can i get that will hold the stage 2 torque and will be easier to drive for a daily? I have been looking at an Exedy stage 1 but all the reviews I've read are from people who've just recently installed it and finished the break in process. If anyone has an Exedy stage 1 in their car please chime in on the long term durability of the clutch. Also anyone familiar with ACT clutches? My friend has one in his 400whp sti and its amazing. I can get into his car and drive it like its my own because the clutch picks up like it was stock.

·
Registered
198 Posts
How much torque are you putting down at the wheels? The Exedy stage 1 is good for around 300lbs of torque. Remember, clutch stage matters on how much torque is being put down, not HP. Preferably I would go with a Southbend, ACT, or Clutchmasters clutch.

The ACT HD street clutch is good for 445lbs of torque and still gives you that daily street feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts