ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Subi owner...wondering what is the best CAI's, BOV's to use for best results?

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
your first mods should be uppipe, then downpipe.

forget BOVs and CAIs. on a stock car, you're just asking for trouble, and they offer no power gains.

please be sure to search first before asking questions. these are very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very common questions.

dR

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
WRXeroplayinn said:
New Subi owner...wondering what is the best CAI's, BOV's to use for best results?
Get those two mods out of you're head. I had a Perrin intake & a BOV on my WRX when I bought it & it was a total waste.

I sold both & bought a up & downpipe.

MUCH BETTER!!!!!!

If you do have to have a intake get a short ram not a CAI. CAI's are not good for the WRX.

Unless you have other mods such as bigger turbo, ingectors, fuel pump, etc....... The air intakes are good for very little H.P. & alot of bling.

J.D.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
caffeineOasis said:
About how much is little change when your talking about the CAI response, is buying one for 75 bux too much "bling" for the power......let me know......:cool:
again, don't buy a CAI, you're asking for problems. In addition, it won't make any more power.

spend the $75 elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
First off i have now been reading that the stock intake we have on our cars are really good. Correct me Dark Rex is i am giving bad info.

Also wrxero, dont bother with a bov, I think that was my first mod, its a waste of money. Sure u sound really cool but u lose more boost during shifts and people averged that u lose .1-.2 seconds off ur 1/4th times

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
if at some point you decide that you MUST have a BOV or a cold air intake, even though they are not reliable mods and offer no gains, I'm going to tell you which ones are best so that you're not out there buying absolute crap for your car.

GFB Bov is a pretty good choice, as is the Graham goode blow off valve. the turboxs stuff and HKS are popular choices, but they are not necessarily the best products because friends of mine that have them have experienced VERY rich running conditions and poor idle.

for an intake, I'd recommend the Perrin short ram or APS air pod (short ram). either of those can be converted to a CAI with additional piping, but I would second the recommendation of everyone else by saying that a CAI is not the best mod to do.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
Jack said:
First off i have now been reading that the stock intake we have on our cars are really good. Correct me Dark Rex is i am giving bad info.

that's right. even many stage 4 rexs put out great numbers on the stock intake tract. the ECU was tuned to rely so much on it, it's a much more reliable, safe, consistent tune just leaving it alone.

that's not to say that at some level of modification, it's a great addition. the truth of the matter is that until you're tuned for it, it's not a great idea.

dR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts