http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subbrk.htm
Rallitek
ZMI Ti Brake System $3725
http://www.rallitek.com/products.as...mp;ACC=&SP=
SubaruStore
Wildwood 6 Piston Big Brake Kit $1279.99
http://www.subarustore.com/wil6pisbigbr.html
Z-1 Performance
Brembo Sport kit (305mm rotors, 4 piston calipers, fits stock 16 inch wheels) $2099
http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?...&prodid=211
All comments please welcomed!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thats a pretty tough question...because its dependant on what you want to do with the car, are you planning on adding lots of power to it, and/or auto-x, or taking it to the track? Once you figure out your goals, it'll be a lot easier for people to give their opinions on whats best for you....

But, I'll take a stab at the below :

Cobb stuff is really nice, but I haven't heard too many reviews on their brake pads. Other than that, its a pretty good upgrade for general use...though a stoptech stage 2 kit (stoptech.com) for 499 is a better deal imo.

From there you jump to a bunch of Big Brake kits...which I question how much better your braking is for the money. If I were to spend close to 1g on brakes, (Which I might...) I'm considering Slotted rotors, SS lines, ATE or Motul fluid, with the H6 Rear brake upgrade (basically puts a bigger caliper bracket on, and lets you run a larger rotor in the rear...moving brake bias slightly rearward) And Carbotech Bobcat pads all around. IMHO...this is the absolute max I'm planning on doing for a car thats mostly just street with hopefully a good couple Auto-X's this summer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Silva_Wagon said:
Thats a pretty tough question...because its dependant on what you want to do with the car, are you planning on adding lots of power to it, and/or auto-x, or taking it to the track? Once you figure out your goals, it'll be a lot easier for people to give their opinions on whats best for you....

But, I'll take a stab at the below :

Cobb stuff is really nice, but I haven't heard too many reviews on their brake pads. Other than that, its a pretty good upgrade for general use...though a stoptech stage 2 kit (stoptech.com) for 499 is a better deal imo.

From there you jump to a bunch of Big Brake kits...which I question how much better your braking is for the money. If I were to spend close to 1g on brakes, (Which I might...) I'm considering Slotted rotors, SS lines, ATE or Motul fluid, with the H6 Rear brake upgrade (basically puts a bigger caliper bracket on, and lets you run a larger rotor in the rear...moving brake bias slightly rearward) And Carbotech Bobcat pads all around. IMHO...this is the absolute max I'm planning on doing for a car thats mostly just street with hopefully a good couple Auto-X's this summer.
just better braking, im leaning towards the stoptech stage 2. do you know if it fits under the stock wheels?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stage 2 Drilled Brake Kit
Stage 2 brake upgrade with drilled rotors for the 2003+ Subaru WRX includes StopTech stainless steel brake lines for front and rear, 3 bottles of Motul RBF600 brake fluid, StopTech Street Performance brake pads for front and rear, and StopTech slotted rotors for the front and rear. StopTech Street Performance is a very similar compound to Axxis Ultimate, except that it has a ceramic heat shield between the friction material and backing plate to help prevent heat transfer into the caliper and brake fluid. FITS STOCK CALIPERS.
$599.00 - Item No. 86-836-02415

Stage 2 Slotted Brake Kit
Stage 2 brake upgrade with slotted rotors for the 2003+ Subaru WRX includes StopTech stainless steel brake lines for front and rear, 3 bottles of Motul RBF600 brake fluid, StopTech Street Performance brake pads for front and rear, and StopTech slotted rotors for the front and rear. StopTech Street Performance is a very similar compound to Axxis Ultimate, except that it has a ceramic heat shield between the friction material and backing plate to help prevent heat transfer into the caliper and brake fluid. FITS STOCK CALIPERS.
$599.00 - Item No. 86-836-02414

Which one do I choose?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Drilled Rotors are far more likely to crack than Slotted. I'd say Slotted for that reason.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Here's a good setup that isn't too extreme:

Subaru 4 pots
H6 caliper bracket
Slotted rotors front and back (carbotech makes a slotted H6 disc)
ss lines
carbotech bobcat pads
better brake fluid

that would cost roughly $1200 but I think would be the biggest bang for the buck without going with a full-racing BBK

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i wanna keep the stock 16" wheels

will that setup still work?

·
Registered
329 Posts
The 4-pots won't fit under stock WRX 16" wheels unless you run spacers. They will fit under many aftermarket 16" wheels though. The Wilwood 6-pots you have links to won't fit under 16" wheels. I don't believe that that Brembo kit is available anymore.

If you're not going to be tracking the car the Stoptech Stage 2 with slotted rotors is a great setup. You could also pick and choose similar components on your own if you wanted to. You could also save some money and not even change the rotors and still get a very nice improvement.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cool thanx for the input!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts