ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok From searching on this site and talking to a few people Im trying to gather what bolts on make the best power without a check engine light. Im thinking maybe we should get a "Bolt on thread" here and list all the best bolt ons (so far) Maybe it can be stickied?

For intake Im gathering that the blitz makes the most power that will in turn NOT throw a check engine light. Is this right?

For a Turbo back Im guessing the TURBO XS is putting down the most power? Or is there a system putting more down? The turbo XS system claims a whopping 27.8 HP and 13.6 ft/lbs at the wheels.

Im talking about this system.

http://www.turboxs.com/txs_tbe_sti.htm

For downpipes? Godspeed?

Since there are allot of people out there like me that want to kinda stay on the "bolt on" route and not tear apart the motor, the turbo and other such items that we paid so much for I think this will be a good thread.

Please chime in with any other info.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i still have not seen a dyno plot showing the gains of just a Godspeed downpipe

everyone raves about it and this is the downpipe i'll be going with but i would love to see a dyno plot :cool:

·
Registered
805 Posts
IMHO some really good bolt-ons that won't throw a CEL are a nice equal length header and if you live at altitude a larger turbo. You can get away with a larger turbo at altitude with little/no tuning since you have the atmospheric pressure losses to use for boosting more.

Example here at 6000ft. above sea level you could boost to 18psi and it would be the same airflow through the engine as 14.5psi (stock boost levels) at sea level. Of course measures need to be taken to avoid fuel cut (which conicidentally lowers the higher you go up in altitude).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, just wondering what are the best bolt on performance parts to get for a 2.5rs? I do not want to Turbo mine or anything. I am wanting to keep it a NA engine. I am new to the foreign cars, just bought a 2002 Subaru WRX w/2.5RS engine. And could you send me links to a good priced website as well?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts