ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What BOV's do you guys have on your STi's? i have a '05. i just wanna get some feedback on some of the ones you guys have...

i have been looking at the following BOV's...
Greddy Type-S
Turbo XS
HKS Super Sequential BOV

I need some feedback...thanks

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
A BOV isn't needed on our cars unless you are running high boost. If you want to compare everybodies opinions do a search and you will come up with TONS of threads about BOV's and answer all your questions.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i would add a BOV that says it can handle up to like 15psi or so, would it hurt our cars? y do people add BOV's if they have negative affects?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
People like the bling factor and the sound. I am probably going to get the worx tuning one. It is supposedly the best for the wrx.

Do a search for "worx bov" and read up on it to see if it is the one for you.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think i am gonna get the Turbo XS RFL or the Greddy Type-S

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have heard many very good things about the worx BOV. I had HKS SSQV the sound was cool but it cause a little lag between shifts. Need one w/partial recirculation to keep the turbo spooled between shifts.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Worx is having a group buy on their valves. It ends tomorrow. I just put my deposit down tonight. I make nine, so all we need is one more for the GB to go through. Price is $208 shipped.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I vote for Turbosmart Bov...Its a plumb back system, and it allows our cars to run just like it was a stocker....

·
6,298 Posts
5spdfrk said:
Worx is having a group buy on their valves. It ends tomorrow. I just put my deposit down tonight. I make nine, so all we need is one more for the GB to go through. Price is $208 shipped.
Thats a great price. I'd jump all over it if I didn't already own one:D

·
Registered
62 Posts
slowmo said:
I have heard many very good things about the worx BOV. I had HKS SSQV the sound was cool but it cause a little lag between shifts. Need one w/partial recirculation to keep the turbo spooled between shifts.
Was this the only problame that you encounterd. Am looking into purchasing the hks ssqv next week.

·
Banned
389 Posts
5spdfrk said:

i have a worx if i didnt id be on this

·
Registered
17 Posts
Worx Tuning Dual Stage BOV- Check out the thread in the engine performance section. Just got mine installed clean. Pshhh sound nothing abnoxious...and it hasnt caused any problems..yet...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i want something loud and obnoxious!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts