ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

I was recently at a track event and I had my contour HD mounted on the top of my windshield. The instructor accidentally flips my wipers on and destroys my passenger side arm and blades. I replaced the blades with PIAA but now I need to figure out what to do with the arm.. I'm going to see if I can take it to the stealer ship tomorrow or Saturday and have a tech bend it back into place. That or I'm hoping the replacement component is inexpensive.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So a new arm would have been about 50 bucks if I ordered it; the service department went ahead and reformed the arm. looks good as new.. The service manager wanted to charge me 100 bucks for a diagnostics and repair... The writer that took my car in really wanted to just send me on my way but sadly I ended up paying 50 bucks in labor. ~~

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys; the only reason I went back to the stealership is because I bought the care no more than 6000 miles ago. So I figured if anything I may be able to get this covered under warranty.. But apparently the arm is a "wear" item.. Or some other bullocks. I get it.. Techs need to eat too but still.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
The arm is a wear item - it wears pretty much only if you break it against a camera mount lol.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Bummer man. At least it's fixed now. Which ContourHD do you have? I have the first gen HD which I hacked to add a headphone jack in place of the stock mic. It let me route the mic out of the wind noise, and now I can add any mic I want to.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also have the contour hd. The wind noise was a bit of an issue. I'd like to mod it but it's new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts