ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About an hour ago I was riding home with my friend when we passed by a car way off in a field (I'd say about 45 yards). Both of the lights on one side were busted out, and it looked like the car was dug into the ground. So.. we turned around and drove back to where it was. There was an old woman standing by the back of the car and when we asked if she needed help she said no, but something was obviously up so we got out and walked to the car. She was bleeding from her nose and her arms and talking about how she flipped the car, and her son was somewhere out in the field. In the moonlight we could both make out the outline of a man lying in the grass. He was face down; about 25 yards from where the car was resting.

At this point my friend ran to the nearest house to call 911. I told the woman to stay where she was and try not to move while I looked for her son. As I passed by one of his shoes I could see that most of his clothes had been ripped off when he was thrown from the car. I reached down and pressed my fingers into his neck. Nothing.. it was cold. No movement, nothing. I could see his fingers were already turning blue from death. I walked back to the car, told the woman everything was going to be okay and that my friend was calling an amulance. I could see his other shoe sitting in the driver's seat.

My friend returned. No one had answered at the house. He asked me about the man and I just stared back at him.. he knew he was dead.

So my friend gets in his car and drives down the road to the next closest house. It seemed like it took him forever, but it was probably only three or four minutes before he returned. I stayed with the old woman and kept telling her that everything was going to be alright untill cars began pulling up. First volunteer paramedics, then cops and an amulance. I held the paramedic's flash light as they turned the body over. His face was crushed in and covered in blood. The paramedics left the body where it was and preceded to put the woman on a stretcher. They then called for a helicopter and began marking out the area where it would land.

My firend and I both wrote statements about what we saw and talked to the cops for a minute. As we left the scene we could hear the sounds of a helicopter approaching in the far distance.

There's still blood on my arm and shirt.. crazy stuff. I'm willing to bet the man wasn't wearing his seat belt because he was thrown so far away from the car. :(

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VitaminWRX said:
Damn man, I'm sorry to hear that. :( Just another reminder to always wear the [email protected]#$%^& seatbelt!

Yep, I always wear mine.. especially now. If I had a dollar for everytime I've told my friends to buckle up while they're riding with me..

·
Registered
907 Posts
Your and your friend are great men Main Frame!

It sickens me when people pass by others in trouble...so bussy with thier lives to help somebody in dire need!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
much props for offering help man. Living in an age of crime and terrorism, one would definitely hesitate to offer help fearing of harm being inflicted on himself or his family. I have heard of people faking accidents to lure in the helpful yet gullible ones. Then you know what happens next. I have caught myself passing minor accidents to avoid the hassels of the police questioning and to get to my destination on time. But I have helped on many that were too severe to just leave them thinking they were okay. You, my man, are a noble citizen.:thumbup:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Tough stuff... I hope you are dealing with it alright. I come from a family of fire chiefs and first responders (brother is currently a FR on our hometown volunteer squad)... I'm also a trained first responder and stop whenever I see anything... I've seen some pretty crazy accidents, but nothing that bad.

Sounds like you guys did everything right... especially in keeping the woman calm and away from her son... you should be really proud of yourselves. Wish there were more considerate people in the world like you guys.. bet it would be a better place to live!

Oh.. and I can't agree more on the wearing of the seatbelt.. my dad tells the story of three teens from a neighboring community that he found, who didn't have their seatbelts on... he cries evertime he has to talk about it... I wasn't a big fan of seatbelts till the first time he told that story. Now, if I'm not wearing one.. it's a pretty forgetful day... I always put mine on.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
A few years ago when I was in High school 5 classmates wrapped a car around a tree. Only one survived and it was because she was not wearing her seatbelt and was thrown from the car. So sometimes it works the opposite.

·
Registered
627 Posts
adam3482p said:
A few years ago when I was in High school 5 classmates wrapped a car around a tree. Only one survived and it was because she was not wearing her seatbelt and was thrown from the car. So sometimes it works the opposite.
Yep, I've heard of things like that... they happen... very rare, but it sometimes happens. I'd still take the odds on wearing my seatbelt though, personally. ;)

Sorry about your classmates dude. :(

·
Registered
642 Posts
dude .. like others have said, props to u. u two are hero's in my book. you may not think it, but considering the many heartless people on our roads today, it takes a different kind of person to do what you did.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Wow, that does suck :(

You did the right thing though and comforting the woman was a good move. Sorry to have you witness that, though.

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
camell0 said:
dude .. like others have said, props to u. u two are hero's in my book. you may not think it, but considering the many heartless people on our roads today, it takes a different kind of person to do what you did.
my thoughts exactly. Mainframe (I don't know your first name, sorry), I see just what kind of person you are. There are people out there like you, it is just too bad there aren't more like you. God Bless!

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just told my brother about it and he said he was coming home at about 11:30pm and saw the car out in the field, but he thought it was just somebody looking for a dog or something and kept on driving. It couldn't have been more than fifteen minutes later that we came by and stopped.

I didn't think we really did anything special, except for the fact that the car was so far off the road and it was hard to tell that it had been in a wreck. If we hadn't stopped there's no telling how long it would have been before someone got help. I'm pretty sure the woman had a broken hip, she couldn't really move.. and not a single car passed by from the time we first pulled up untill we left.

I would like to think that just about anyone would stop to help someone, but in this case it was hard to tell that the car had even been in a wreck.

I feel really sorry for the old woman.. she was going into shock, and she kept saying she lost her son and she may have killed him. That's a really terrible thing to happen to someone...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts