ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my car tuned by Phil at Element Tuning today too...not too shabby for a 4EAT with a stock torque converter :)

The car just hauls...keeps pulling and pulling. I haven't done a highway run yet (couldn't get out of work so Kevin @ World One was kind enough to drive my car over for me) but we'll see how it feels tomorrow :D Only bad thing is Phil spelled my last name wrong...heh

Mod list here: http://www.folkendesign.com/wrx

·
13,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not too sure about that either. Since I wasn't there, I couldn't ask Phil about that. :confused:

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think the most impresive part about Phils tunning is that he does it to make the car safe on the road. For instance when I saw them do the base line run on Armins car, when they let of the throttle at the end it was blowing big black puffs of smoke. After Phil was done it no longer does that. Same thing happened with every car I saw go on the dyno.
Oh yeah Armin it was the dyno guy that spelled your name wrong:D

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Armin...........

DAYYEEEEM SON! lol j/k its out inside joke :p , dude sweet #'s july 31st i get dynoed too, seeing your #'s are giving me a boner, i cant wait to get dynoed

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
^^^

wtf....

Anyway, glad to see you got dynoed before you stop modding your car for Grad School.

Must be fun to drive :)

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Bump for more relavent discussion on this.

Now that you've had a day or two to drive it, what do you think?

·
13,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did highway pulls today...boost is sitting pretty around 18 psi with no knocking whatsoever. Man this thing PULLS...I thought it pulled hard before when I had the rich safe map on, but now...DAYAM. I have THE biggest grin on my face :D

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
Man, 3550 pounds? Did they weigh your car with someone sitting in it? If not, where is all that weight coming from?

Perhaps the 4EAT is heavier (probably) and the stereo equipment is adding some weight?

I think mine weighed in at around 3100 pounds on the dyno.

·
13,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
According to Garret, all the cars that were at the two dyno days were labeled as weighing that much, so he thinks that their scale is a bit off.

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
Verdugo said:
According to Garret, all the cars that were at the two dyno days were labeled as weighing that much, so he thinks that their scale is a bit off.
Ahhh... that makes sense. Congrats on the tune and the nice power curve. Hopefully that'll hold ya till grad school is over or you come by some extra $$.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
how much is an average dyno session with tuning...i want to go bad but the only one i found around here was like 350 an hour!!!

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
aaronwillen said:
how much is an average dyno session with tuning...i want to go bad but the only one i found around here was like 350 an hour!!!

thats rediculous, most should run youn <300 depending on how yourset up is, a fp green will probably cost more than a vf34 tune, being how they have the basemap to work off so it takes less time i would assume.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Get a high-stall torque converter. It will make the 4EAT so much better. I'm running essentially the same setup and I love it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts