ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Behold the dream team: 680 HP combined in an unholy union, MOP style [img host slow]

Greetings, fellow STi bretheren.

As you all should know by now, I own a 2004 Subaru WRX STi.

<Respect>

Lately, it's been not getting along with it's plain-faced haggard sidekick, my old but reliable 1999 Mazda B3000. So, after much consideration, I decided to look for a full-sized truck with some towing capacity and a little more get-up and go pep.

So, after parting ways with my old Vulcan engined friend, I found exactly what I was looking for. V-8 5.4 liter? Check. Factory Eaton Supercharger? Check. Liquid Intercooler? Check. Handling in the skidpad and slalom superior to most sports cars? Check. Can this still be a truck?

Yep. Actually, a truck named after a force of nature.

Enter the Lightning.

2002 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning, 22,000 miles.

This baby was picked up as a repo, auctioned to a local Ford dealer in Houston.

Finally, a beater work truck suitable to task, not to mention dastardly evil looks and built-in Pussy Magnetics (tm).

However, after taking it home, it seems I had a bit of sibling rivalry on my hands...

Oh my! Quickly I had to defuse the situation before someone overboosted and ejected a piston. So, I lined them up and told them to put on their best looks for the CLUBWRX viewers to judge and decide. So, I present to you and exclusive photo shoot of fire and ice, speed and stealth, American Brutality and Japanese Precision mated by a sick mind of malicious intent and disregard for the law. BEHOLD! The Lightning and WRX STI under the same stable.

(Drag racing with one driver is no fun, and screws your times up when you have to keep stopping, running back changing vehicles every 60 feet. :( )

Bonus Fast N Furious Grandma pic:

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Good stuff man, I dig those pics. Bonus grandma pic is teh funny also.

Does she drive it?

Congrats on the new toy :wiggles:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I am jealous. :p Alls i got is the STI, my pos Spec V, my 01 CBR 600. I wouldn't mind one of them Dodge RT 10's though. Anyone got one of those with an STI??

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Lol, I bet you had fun making this thread. I know I would've.:) Very nice set of vehicles, you must be making some dough.

So does this mean the sti is your winter beater?:eek3: That would be one hell of a beater.:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts