Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX sedan MT. I was wondering what mods I should do besides a Cat back exhaust which I already installed? Also is there a certain order? I want to get the Cobb accessport next. I just replaced the timing belt because I just hit 102,000 miles

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
Get a downpipe, too, and install the S2 map on the Cobb AP.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got an 08 wrx also, first thing i did was a cat back, after that in order I got a cobb accessport (tuned to stage 1), AEM intake (tuned to stage 1 with intake), and then an Invidia downpipe. Im now tuned to stage 2 and I love it. Cobb has maps for the SF intake, and the AEM intake if you end up getting either, don't know about what others.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Swaybars. I never realized how lacking the handling was until I drove a friend's 2010 STi. It'll make a world of a difference regardless of whether you autocross the car or not. You'll feel more firmly planted and confident in turns.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Swaybars. I never realized how lacking the handling was until I drove a friend's 2010 STi. It'll make a world of a difference regardless of whether you autocross the car or not. You'll feel more firmly planted and confident in turns.
I was going to post a thread asking about sway bars, I was thinkkng of doing them next. Do you suggest any brands/sizes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm a big fan of Whiteline sways. They are built solid and you can save a few bucks if you go with the non-adjustable versions. I went with the 22F/20R fixed combination, and I initially ran both front and rear whiteline adjustable endlinks, but after my rear endlinks snapped suspiciously(I've heard of other similar cases), I went with kartboy rear endlinks. That was over four years ago and I haven't had any issues since.

·
Super Moderator
10,884 Posts
Sway bars should be matched to your vehicles spring rate. So if you do them, be sure to do them with the springs you plan on having long term

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
XJman said:
Sway bars should be matched to your vehicles spring rate. So if you do them, be sure to do them with the springs you plan on having long term
Rough-tuning of body roll should be done with struts/springs, fine-tuning with swaybars.

If you get adjustable sways (Whiteline makes them), you can always stiffen them with one nut/bolt per corner.

·
Super Moderator
10,884 Posts
I would rethink that choice. Your factory suspension is likely better. There are plenty threads on the topic. From materials to spring rate and dampening cheap coilovers are a bad choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Æternum
15,466 Posts
My plan is to get coils for the spring, I was thinking BC BR
This is not a solid plan. There are far better options.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts