ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my story, my friends and I are getting tired of the pool halls (or the lack of), bowling is so 70's and getting old after 2nites in a row. So for the longest time I've been intrested in the driving range and never found one until the past 2weeks.

Now, I've been to the ranges and chip and putt course ever since I've found one. My game is bad but I think it will improve over pratice. But I really enjoy is the driving range. Just recently I was able to get a constant 200+ yards (hopefully they were measured correctly). My first set of equipment was a glove, the reson why I bought it was because the first time I was out I ripped up my index finger from hitting them so hard. Anyways the glove was $10 and I think it was a great investment. Now, after a weekend of consistant 200+yrds I'm intrested in finding a decent wood that will get my drive farther.

The question is what is a decent wood? How much and more than likely I'll just drive balls rather than join a club and actually play. Oh secondly, its main home would be my trunk, it will share its home with my text books and other misc. stuff that ppl usually put in their trunks.

Any help would be appreciated. I was on Dick's Sporting Good website and I think I found good stuff but I'm not sure because most of them were full sets, which are what I wasn't looking for. But then again I could pay 1/2 the price and get one wood. Keep in mind that I do like Chip and putt so a putter and a iron would be cool to fall upon but my main goal is to get a crazzy drive.

WHAT SHOULD I DO? Oh Golf God's show me the way!

thanks!
Rudy

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Golf ownz.

get a cheap set of knockoff clubs, when i started playing like 10 years ago i just bought a crappy set of clubs, then after a few years got a local golf store to make me some Callaway knockoffs and a few years ago, once my game was good enough, i just went out and got some Callaway Steelheads.

any driver will work for me, i also swing like a mothafocker though, but its tough to just recomend woods, usually places like Dicks or an Edwin Watts will let you test out clubs before you buy them. good luck

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Golf is an elitist, rich, arrogant, white-person sport used by businessmen to divide the country into smaller and smaller pieces with their precious hats and green pants.

I think this game is an abomination.

I hold my horn down every time I drive by a golf course, hoping to distract and piss off anyone within ear shot that is "playing."

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trailboss said:
Golf is an elitist, rich, arrogant, white-person sport used by businessmen to divide the country into smaller and smaller pieces with their precious hats and green pants.

I think this game is an abomination.

I hold my horn down every time I drive by a golf course, hoping to distract and piss off anyone within ear shot that is "playing."
haha that's funny... I hope your not serrious... either way that wasn't helpful at all... but thanks for your input I think.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Whoah there Josh...geez.

Anyway, I used to hate golf for some reason. Then I played for the first time a few months ago. I had a blast and have played a few times since then. I really suck but it's a lot of fun...seriously.

I guess the Blacks and Hispanics that I've seen at the course aren't in on the white conspiracy. :rolleyes:

It's just a game... :D There's just as much arrogance and elitism in skateboarding, BMX'ing, snowboarding, etc., IMO.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Integra96 said:
Whoah there Josh...geez.

Anyway, I used to hate golf for some reason. Then I played for the first time a few months ago. I had a blast and have played a few times since then. I really suck but it's a lot of fun...seriously.

I guess the Blacks and Hispanics that I've seen at the course aren't in on the white conspiracy. :rolleyes:

It's just a game... :D There's just as much arrogance and elitism in skateboarding, BMX'ing, snowboarding, etc., IMO.
that's the truth... I was the same way I guess... but then again I never like watching a sport unless its something that I could do myself or see myself doing ie soccer or rallies or touring car, and the best is womens tennis (that new russian girl beat Anna in everything, man she's hot.) I don't like watching games like baseball or golf but playing them are sure fun.

·
Registered
482 Posts
i just got a new driver, Adams golf redline it was 160 bucks and ive been hittin around 270-300 yard all the time.
but id go get a cheap set of clubs.

make sure u get irons that have steel shafts. but i wouldnt spend alot until you get used to playing. or go all out and get some nice stuff.

goodluck, try to find somebody to help u with your swing and ull have alot of fun.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Trailboss said:
It is not a white person sport, who do you think carries their bags?

·
Registered
462 Posts
your hands being ripped up is a sign of a hard swing which isnt really a good thing. if you have good form and hit the ball with your stoke accelerating but not too quick you will double the distance of anything hit real hard by someone with bad form.

trailboss, i hope you dont really honk when you drive past golf courses. that is pretty ****ty of you if you do.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
I stand by my original statement 100%

Sorry, but I have no interest or sympathy for the sport. And yes, I've played it before, and no, it wasn't minigolf. It was the whole 18 hole deal.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Plenty of brothers playing golf here in central Maryland. For me the enjoyment is about 50% the social side. I've been playing with the same guys every Saturday for 20 years. Getting together with your buddies once a week in a nice park type setting and doing something athletic is very rewarding. It's also cool to hit a solid shot right next to the pin and take a couple of dollars from them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts