ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i asked this question last year..but maybe anyone has some help. My network at school will not allowyou to connect to p2p. Is there any way by using a certain port..or any specific p2p app you know of that i can get things to connect? I am going crazy!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
No ports that I know of. We have the same problem here at CU Boulder. The way we got around it was CUNap.com. I P2P file sharing program designed to work within the firewalls of CU's network. 100 times better than Kazaa, WinMX, Napster, Limewire, Poisoned, and any other filesharing network combined!!!! I'm talking a 2 second wait time for a 5 MB mp3.

Now wireless access is another story. I use LimeWire wirelessly and it works great! I'm not in the dorms anymore, but I download lots of shizzle while i'm in class.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Tunneling software!

I'm not sure if it'll work for XP, but try webtunnel. It runs a direct, encrypted tunnel to a domain on the other side of your firewall. Everything runs through the tunnel. They will see that you're using a lot of bandwidth, but it can't be identified as P2P.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
djrez4 said:
Tunneling software!

I'm not sure if it'll work for XP, but try webtunnel. It runs a direct, encrypted tunnel to a domain on the other side of your firewall. Everything runs through the tunnel. They will see that you're using a lot of bandwidth, but it can't be identified as P2P.
Question-
I downloaded the software, and i run it. But i still cant download from limewire? keeps on telling me to connect..but i am connected..

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Correction- says i am not connected to the network?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
BlueSubie02 said:
for dling music i use Ares Lite from download.com
it operates at a low enough bandwidth that the university cant detect it as a p2p application.
doesnt work...grrr...cant seem to find anything. any options i can change or something.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Ill give anyone who can figure this out chuckie cheese money.:wiggles:

·
Registered
677 Posts
GetawayInBouldr said:
No ports that I know of. We have the same problem here at CU Boulder. The way we got around it was CUNap.com. I P2P file sharing program designed to work within the firewalls of CU's network. 100 times better than Kazaa, WinMX, Napster, Limewire, Poisoned, and any other filesharing network combined!!!! I'm talking a 2 second wait time for a 5 MB mp3.

Now wireless access is another story. I use LimeWire wirelessly and it works great! I'm not in the dorms anymore, but I download lots of shizzle while i'm in class.
We have a similar program at GT called Sharescan. We get around 400MB/s over our network so downloads go nice and fast.
Luckily our school doesnt ban p2p programs.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i just got this program warez to connect...its from dl.com...this is the first time yet...out of like 50 tries to connect but im dling at like 200kb/sec

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
thanks ill try it out soon!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lemonherb you rule...we just OWNED my schools firewall...everything is working thanks so much! remember guys if you try this you have to configure your p2p software to work this way too..pm me with questions!!!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
it is pretty simple stuff to, if you pay for the service you can get really good speed. I used to use this when I worked at a hospital. The security group decided they wanted to block the whole hospital and the rest of IT from the net. They were foolish to think they could do that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts