ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i only get one station in my office, guess which. i listen to howard every morning. and O&A when they were employed.

aaf is good too, but when i moved here i found bcn and it just stuck.

not to mention how much they do stuff w/ dropkick :D

im not one of those "bcn is better than.." types anyways though. radio is radio, no matter the station.

:)

oh well, cool to me regardless :)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
So wait, you submitted some name to a contest thing or something? Did you win anything? Or just the name check. I stop listening to BCN around 1030 after Robin's News. ;)

Speaking of radio... I'll be on the radio tonight from 8-10PM... WMBR 88.1FM. :D

...and gusto, I must say... Boston's college radio > Boston's commercial radio... hands down.

-tp

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i live out in lowell so i doubt i can pick it up could i? does it come out this far? the lowell college station is ok when you catch a good show, but i never do. plus, i cant get it in this stupid office anyways. :)

also after im out of work, i dont listen to radio usually. i just listen to the beer and what it tells me to do.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Not sure if you can get it in Lowell... but, I can get it on my way home to Gloucester... all the way to my driveway (with some bleeding).

Beer is good too.
-tp

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im sure the radio waves travel better up the coast than through the 'hood.

they might even be scared to come here.

dont blame em though. ;):confused1

and no i didnt win anything...

what kind of show is yours btw?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
True dat.

Hard to pin down our show... since we purposefully made it esoteric... it's called 'grey area' and the music featured is the area between mine and my girls tastes. My tastes are more electronic and dance oriented but with a healthy dose of the old alternative rock. her tastes are more rooted in jazz, funk, and soul, and freaky ish. the grea area are those songs that are difficult to tell who's track it is...

Mostly it's going to be obscure stuff, like tonight I'll feature some Troubleman, Adventure Time, Midwest Product, Caural, Random Factor, Kraftwerk, Ectomorph, Sofa Surfers and Air. (I imagine you're like WTF by now) not sure what Jen's playing but ... anyways.

I'll say it's probably good music to put on while you sit on your stoop and drink a beer, it's not going to make you jump up and down, but it won't put you to sleep... and should help keep the beer chilly and going down smooth.

Hahaha... Grey Area - Music to Get Drunk To ;)

I think I need a few drinks before the show...

What was the anatomical lunch all about?

-tp

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
****. well i want to check it out, but i dont own a tuneable radio at my apt.

i do know that alot of my firends in boston listen to 88.1 all the time as there all "indie" or whatever you call it.

the deal with their theme lunch is you pick a theme, like body parts for instance, and then he just takes only requests for the full hour with songs having to do with the theme...

big balls, head like a hole, etc etc...

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
cars - gary numan
prince - little red corvette
pixies - motorway to roswell
any song by THE cars. :D

LOL I am a geezah!

-tp

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
theyre out of trouble now and "legally" allowed to go back on air.

i guess noones really picking them up though?

they were the ONLY stern knock off i found funny.

--edit

from their site looks liek they may be back soon???

hope so! i hate music in teh afternoon

does anyone else like talk in teh morning and later in the afternoon. i just cant do music...

kinda odd but i cant explain it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
what did they do that was so bad this time?

i like talk in the morning. i listen to the hillman morning show on AFF, got the 2 mantown calenders and voted for the chicks too.:cool: their show is much better than stern.

in the afternoon i like a mix of talk and music. if i wanted all music i'd pop in a CD. when i'm in traffic on 495 heading north, it sure does suck, i spend most of the time paying attention to the road and rather listen to talk and traffic updates.

·
Registered
659 Posts
WAAF used to be cool but all they do is shamelessy lean politically to one side and it just gets old, so I usually listen to FNX which is more suited to the alternative scene that AAF is. Opie and Anthony on AAF was when they had their best material, like Demeted World CD was funny as hell, now its just them trying too hard.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts