Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded in my 2001 Golf 1.8T for a 2004 WRX Wagon and was wondering if my old wheels would fit...

They are,
18x7.5 BBS RC, 5x100 and offset is 38

I know this isn't the right offeset, but are there adapters that could make these fit? Are adapters recommended or are they a bad idea?

Normally I would just sell them and get new wheels, but I really like these :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
Adaptors will only lower the offset even further. You probably could run them but its not a good offset to run and would probably rub like crazy on a wagon. Then again Vivid has claimed that 38 is the right offset for 7.5" wheels on a WRX :rolleyes:

Oh, and Mr. rollyeyes means I don't buy that :cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, thanks for the help... that's exactly what some other people have told me.

looks like the bbs are going up for sale.

·
Registered
242 Posts
One option you can look into is having the backside of the hub machined down - this will make your offset more positive (aka a greater number). If its a thick enough hub (many wheels are, really have to have a machinest look at it), you should be able to get 10mm out of it, which would work well for your wagon. I had this done to a set of Speedlines, worked out great!

Adam

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
driggity said:
Adaptors will only lower the offset even further. You probably could run them but its not a good offset to run and would probably rub like crazy on a wagon. Then again Vivid has claimed that 38 is the right offset for 7.5" wheels on a WRX :rolleyes:

Oh, and Mr. rollyeyes means I don't buy that :cool:
I think you meant ET48.

·
Registered
329 Posts
48 might be what my recommendation is but its not what Vivid was saying. Although I went back and their post said 35 for 8" wheels and 40-42 for 7.5" wheels. I'm pretty sure they were saying this so they could sell 17x8 Enkei RPM2s. They're now claiming that this is "very aggressive" and won't fit under some lowered cars. Thats why I included the eye-rolling smiley and said that I didn't buy it. I'm definitely not recommending that people run that offset without knowing the potential consequences. Sorry for any confusion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts