ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm sitting here doing some programming and thinking about what happened this afternoon. Rob and I was changing my stock lightbulb to HID and we unplugged the battery and remove it. I have stage II on my car and I was wondering if I have to flash it again after unplug the battery? I feel like it's not running the way it suppose to run or maybe it just me worryin too much. I'm getting my car dyno tomorrow and wondering if it's good to go on the dyno. I think I flashed "reflash" instead of "real Time" when i first flash it. so I think i'm good if my battery went out right? I'm not so sure so please give me some help. Any help will be appriciated. Thanks

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
if you flashed stage II as your base map, that is what you are running. It may feel a bit sluggish as it "relearns" but you should be set.

·
Registered
905 Posts
yeah, youre ok. you 'reset' the ecu by disconnecting the neg on your battery. a 'reflash' would be changing the ecu parameters. like what mbs627 said, your ecu has to relearn, takes a few hundred miles or so. or you can use this vishnu reset to speed up the learning curve process.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mine was fine Brock when we did our plugs, you should of asked me man, we both disconnected our batteries, mine was out longer than yours. I checked my AP last night and it had the same map, just needs to relearn it and adjust ignition timing to the new plugs is all. Hopefully get it this before your run, mind if I roll with you to your dyno test Sunday? I'm really curious about it

·
Registered
663 Posts
So I take it you got the HID worked out. That was one of those things I didn't even think about. Not having an AP yet, leaves me with no knowledge in this area. Glad that it doesn't sound like a big deal. Well go get some miles logged before your dyno.............

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all right, here i drive... :)

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
Tell us what you put down when you get back. :wiggles:

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
26,370 Posts
If you plug in your AP it will show you what map your running.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts