ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car which ran after mine was a 2007 STI with a cobb stage 1 map, and no mods. He made 245hp/255tq. Cobb estimates this to equate to 325hp/340tq at the crank.

Any math geniuses out there feel like figuring out what my flywheel hp/tq would be?

I'm gonna call XX in CT and schedule a protune. I want to see what can be done from here. I had been leaning towards a Perrin equal length header, but now that I've seen my torque numbers, I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice numbers Micah! According to my calcs and Cobbs algorythm, you should have about 355hp/330tq flywheel.
Not bad for what they claim 320hp/295tq on the map notes. Interestingly enough I'm about +35 on both hp/tq. I'm happy about the results. I tried my best to make all the supporting mods that would help it move more air. Perrin hoses, TGV delete, catless exhaust, and then the lightened crank pulley to allow it to move through the rev range faster... once I get my TE37's on there, it should feel a little quicker still.

Right now my plans are Protune and then possibly a header and another protune. Or I could just leave it alone for a while. At least now I know what I'm making.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
full boost by 3800 aint too shabby either.
I'm pretty sure I have full boost available quite a bit earlier than that normally. More like 3200-3400 depending on the gear I'm in. Boost starts building up as low as 1800rpm, granted it's nothing big, but the gauge shows it, and you can feel a slight nudge beginning.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Those dipsy doodles in the middle are a little disconcerning, but a protune should get rid of them.

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
Those dipsy doodles in the middle are a little disconcerning, but a protune should get rid of them.
+1, first thing I thought was knock, knock who's there.....

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What map are you running:confused:
Cobb's vf34 map, with StreetTuner used to disable the TGV related codes(had to do this when I had the TGV delete done). Car feels fine, I've been driving like this for over a year now. But now that I see room for improvement, I'm planning on scheduling a protune.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
365 flywheel hp and 330 torque. Thats accurate as far as your formula goes for comparison but idk how realistically accurate that is.

btw all you do is flywheel hp/whp * your whp = hp
and of course

flywheel tq/wtrq * your wtrq = trq

1 - 10 of 10 Posts