ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well....it was exciting to see Esteban join us!!! Sad to see Jose go (as he was) but it's nice to see one of your favorite pitchers come to your favorite team!
As a Yankee fan, it was good to see Nomar go, but personally, he's one of the only Red Sux I liked. (Lowe and Wakefield too)
Epstein is SO MUCH of an idiot...he's a GENIUS! I love it...he'll just f everything up on his own WOOOO WOOOOO
The Dodgers are really pouring it on.....They'll face StLouis in the NLCS, I'm sure. Steve Finley....BIG ADDITION!!!
f Randy Johnson...everyone revolved this whole damn deadline around him. he's good, but he's not GREAT.
Who do you guys think 'won' in deals that have happened in the past week?

·
Registered
285 Posts
The Cubs by far!!!!! The Yankees got their fourth starter they needed. The Dodgers imo gave up too much for their trades. Who is gonna protect Gagne now? I bet he will get more work from here on out.

·
Registered
659 Posts
It's always sad to see an local sports icon like Nomah go, but it may be for the better, we got two Gold Glovers so it might help offset the loss. But the Red Sox really needed a pitcher....

·
Registered
598 Posts
nomah was not going to stay in boston, they had to get something for him while they could. the mistake theo made was going after a-rod like he did and not being able to close the deal.

the sox beat up contreras when he pitches, the yanks had to lose to ditch cause he useless if he can't beat the sox. much the same with bk kim, the sox need to dump him and should have never got him in the first place.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
IMO the cubs locked a world series spot. the sox again shot themselves in the foot. they only NEEDED pitching and they traded a superstar for a couple other guys. Granted they have been good the past few years but still they aren't SUPERSTARS IMO, wouldn't surprise me if the sox loose the wild card this year. GO CUBBIES!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
My team, the Cardinals, had the best team in baseball, and they still do. They didn't need anyone, so they didn't get anyone.

IMO, the Cubs will need more than Nomah to close a 10.5 game gap. They should start lookin at Wild Card if they want to even make the playoffs.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
aheineken said:
My team, the Cardinals, had the best team in baseball, and they still do. They didn't need anyone, so they didn't get anyone.

IMO, the Cubs will need more than Nomah to close a 10.5 game gap. They should start lookin at Wild Card if they want to even make the playoffs.
actually i think the yankees have the best team in baseball as always. Clean sheet in the playoffs man 10 1/2 games back don't mean anything in the playoffs. Ya never know though. I can honestly see the cubbies winning it this year. They were so close last year to making it!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
CustomS10 said:
actually i think the yankees have the best team in baseball as always. Clean sheet in the playoffs man 10 1/2 games back don't mean anything in the playoffs. Ya never know though. I can honestly see the cubbies winning it this year. They were so close last year to making it!
If they can keep Prior and Wood healthy, the Cubs definitely have a chance in the playoffs, if they make it unless....THE CURSE STRIKES AGAIN! hahaha

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ILikeMy2.5RS said:
It's always sad to see an local sports icon like Nomah go, but it may be for the better, we got two Gold Glovers so it might help offset the loss. But the Red Sox really needed a pitcher....
help offset the loss???
you guys lost. Nomar is one of THE BEST 6 slots in the game!!!
Theo just wanted to save money, that cheap bastaaard.
if I were a Sox fan, I'd be holding my head in shame. They TOLD THE WORLD that they aren't playing for the pennant.
BoSux :thumbdown
Yankees teh win

·
Registered
296 Posts
I was upset the Giants didn't do any moves before the deadline. They always do some moves every year.:(

Oh Yea Maddux next start is against the Giants and Schmidt. GL with getting his 300th win :D

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Snowvert said:
football > basketball > ice hockey > soccer ... tennis ... civics ...... baseball.

tee hee.

oh yes, cubs >>>>>>>.
'Vert, I've always liked ya, but....

CIVICS over baseball??!?!
da funk?!

baseball is to man as hand is to man

it's part of us, bro

what is suxorz??
oh....Red Sox are the suxorz
bring on the Cards...bring on the Dodgers....bring on the Braves...whoever is up there...we'll put down

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
wrxlude said:
help offset the loss???
if I were a Sox fan, I'd be holding my head in shame.
Yankees teh win
I guess new york needs one - and only gets one - professional sports team that doesn't suck a$$.
Nomah traded one curse for another. sad stuff, really.

GO PATS!

(threadjack complete)

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Wierd to see Nomah get traded, but it was pretty a sure thing that he was going at some time. As a Yankee fan, I of course despise the Sox, but I did like Nomar. Oh well, I think the Yankees did what they should have, gotten rid of a great pitcher that could not cut it in the Bronx for one that maybe can. El Duque, Mussina, Brown, Leiber, Loaiza, Vasquez does not seem too bad to me, but lets hope they stay healthy. QuanGorMo is unstoppable in the pen.....yankees are looking good, despite all the foulness of the money they spend, I still love them, and will as long as some of the true yankees stay on board....Jeter, Posada, Mo, El Duque, Matsui (I consider him a real yankee because he is just awesome), etc.

-j

·
Registered
598 Posts
wrxlude said:
help offset the loss???
if I were a Sox fan, I'd be holding my head in shame. They TOLD THE WORLD that they aren't playing for the pennant.
BoSux :thumbdown
Yankees teh win

nomah had to go plain and simple it's sad, but it was best for the team. he was an unhappy camper and he brought the whole team down. he was not going to resign and he wasn't playing with his heart in it anymore partly cause of the a-rod deal and when the media/fans got on him when he sucked in the playoffs last year. the sox knew this and had to get something for him.

i guess you have to read the local boston newspapers/ sport radio to find this stuff out. nomah was supposedly going to go to the 15 DL if he wasn't traded due to his achilles. when asked about the idea of going to the cubs earlier last week by larry luchinno he said it's fine now.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
WRXSleeper said:
nomah had to go plain and simple it's sad, but it was best for the team. he was an unhappy camper and he brought the whole team down. he was not going to resign and he wasn't playing with his heart in it anymore partly cause of the a-rod deal and when the media/fans got on him when he sucked in the playoffs last year. the sox knew this and had to get something for him.

i guess you have to read the local boston newspapers/ sport radio to find this stuff out. nomah was supposedly going to go to the 15 DL if he wasn't traded due to his achilles. when asked about the idea of going to the cubs earlier last week by larry luchinno he said it's fine now.
*raises BS flag* no more was pretty much going to resign he loved boston and liked playing for boston, true that he was a little "hurt" when his name brought up for a-rod but still the red sox just kissed this season down the tubes. The local papers and news radios most actually aren't a big fan of nomar. Unless nomar tells u himself he's not signing then ok thats who to believe.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts