Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally ran the STi. Mods being removed/hacked intake silencer mod (Thanks Todd!!) and TXS bleeder valve (that comes with the UTEC) to get an average of 14psi (peak at 15psi and taper down to 13.5psi by redline).

I guess I can officially say the STi is easier to launch. I will just let the timeslips do the talking.

1st run (car was a little hot and ambient temps ~70F):
60' - 1.967
1/8 - 8.84
1/8 - 78.57mph
1/4 - 13.84
1/4 - 96.4mph

2nd run (car was nice and cool and ambient temps ~68F):
60' - 1.835
1/8 - 8.617
1/8 - 78.87mph
1/4 - 13.57
1/4 - 99.18mph

3rd run (car was cool again and ambient temps around ~62F):
60' - 1.801 (OH YEAH baby [heh])
1/8 - 8.587
1/8 - 78.91mph
1/4 - 13.59
1/4 - 96.15mph (Missed 5th gear ... DOH... shifting into 5th is a little 'tricky' [heh]).

I kept the DCCD in auto all night since I only got 3 runs in I wanted to go for consistency on the hardware/settings side. I am overall pretty pleased with the results. Mid 13s just shy of 100mph figures puts me in the TXS STG4 and Vishnu STG2 range stock.

Have a good winter everyone :).

·
Registered
393 Posts
David:

Very impressive times! I can't belive the awesome 60' times!!! and on your first three runs with the new toys even.

Any other mods planned?? Hurry before the wedding!! ;)

Congrats again.

Just noticed that it looks like you tied ScubaSteve for the fastest STi with a 13.57. :D

Todd

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Todd- No not really any plan for modding. If Cobb or ECUTek has the ECU cracked by next summer I might get a turbo back and a reflash just to fight the CELs but nothing beyond that... and that is even 'iffy'.

Mad - I honestly don't really know... obviously around 96 :). I would say if you bounced off the rev limiter probably 97 maybe 98mph.

cnstman- best 60' ever with the WRX was a 1.84 I think ... but that was quite a while ago.

·
2,210 Posts
Nice runs, tough guy.

So we can officially acknowledge that Steve's run was not a fluke and that the 14-second STi's just can't drive worth poop? ;) ..although, some of those 'slow' STi's were only trapping in the low/mid 90s, so maybe there is some variance from the factory.

Whatever, mid-13s is seriously impressive for a near-stock car at this altitude. Have the sea-level guys made 12s, stock yet? Seems like they ought to be..

-Pace

·
Registered
393 Posts
Starting to think about jumping ship once again to the STi. Still want to see what the new Legacy has to offer. ;) Anyone want to buy my ride?? ;)

Todd

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I almost forgot to say that I weighed in tonight with full interior, spare/jack, stereo, half tank of gas and myself at 3510lbs as well. Just for reference there was a silver EVO there with full 3" catless, boost controller and s-afc running 24psi on pump gas. His best time was a [email protected] and he weighed in identically to myself :eek:.

Anyway yah it seems that Steves car is not a fluke. There are some sea level guys hitting LOW low 13s but the only 12s so far are from exhaust mods at the least.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good runs

Hey good runs!

Tonight was one of those really frustrating nights. Everybody and his dog showed up, and every 50 - 60 passes someones dog did a poop on the strip and we all got to watch the prep crew clean things up. It was almost an hour between runs tonight. I only got in 4 runs and I stayed until they closed the staging lanes.

The STi sure looks like a high 12 second car at sea level in stock trim, but I'm not sure if anyone has run one yet.

Larry

·
2,210 Posts
His 16G should last all of two or three thousand miles if he regularly visits 24psi.

These guys really need to learn the meaning of pressure ratio, and its implications for turbine speed and what that does to the center cartridge.

He'll learn..

Regardless - your observation further highlights the fact that the EVO is in an extremely conservative state of tune from the factory. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that the EVO was 'detuned' for the US market. Exhaust, boost, and fueling corrections, and he's knocking on the door of 12s at high altitude. :cool:

-Pace

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ronin2121 said:
Starting to think about jumping ship once again to the STi. Still want to see what the new Legacy has to offer. ;) Anyone want to buy my ride?? ;)

Todd
Oh no not you too now! Welcome to the crazy world of parting out a heavily moded WRX. It's time consuming!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ronin2121 said:
Just noticed that it looks like you tied ScubaSteve for the fastest STi with a 13.57. :D

Todd
Congrats Dave! I knew your car was just as fast as mine.

Actually I ran a 13.41 @101.29, I think my car has a 13.2 in it since I've ran a 13.4 @ 98 before. Although 13.41 might just be my quickest stock time. Hopefully a downpipe will get me a 12.9:eek: I think it will, we will have to wait and see:D .

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Scuba_Steve said:

Actually I ran a 13.41 @101.29, I think my car has a 13.2 in it since I've ran a 13.4 @ 98 before. Although 13.41 might just be my quickest stock time. Hopefully a downpipe will get me a 12.9:eek: I think it will, we will have to wait and see:D .
I wouldn't say my car is as fast as yours Steve... but it's close ;). You still have a solid 2mph on me =~ 20hp. I would guesstimate that a DP should give a solid 20hp = 2mph more on your trap = high 12 with a good driver such as yourself.

You will have to live with CELs for getting rid of the cats but I guess there are a couple of code clearing machines out there for about $130 now that work on the STi.

·
Registered
139 Posts
So you guys think with my BPM catless exhaust, Blitz SUS intake, and AVC-R w/ fuel cut defender high 12's will be possible with the STi?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Scuba_Steve said:

I wouldn't say my car is as fast as yours Steve... but it's close ;). You still have a solid 2mph on me =~ 20hp. I would guesstimate that a DP should give a solid 20hp = 2mph more on your trap = high 12 with a good driver such as yourself.

You will have to live with CELs for getting rid of the cats but I guess there are a couple of code clearing machines out there for about $130 now that work on the STi.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WRXThis said:
So you guys think with my BPM catless exhaust, Blitz SUS intake, and AVC-R w/ fuel cut defender high 12's will be possible with the STi?
That should be more than enough, but it all comes down to driver. Case-in-point the first guy I ever saw run an STi at Bandimere stock ran a [email protected] Then he put on a full Invidia catless 3" exhaust, intake and GP-MOTO headers and ran a high [email protected] mph.

·
Registered
17 Posts
davidm_sh said:
Just for reference there was a silver EVO there with full 3" catless, boost controller and s-afc running 24psi on pump gas. .
:rolleyes: 24psi up here?!?! Like Pace said, bye-bye turbo.

Good runs David. Now that my Woodland Park FarmCrest went "diesel" on me, I stop by your area once a week or so for my dose of 93 octane.

Todd

1 - 20 of 25 Posts