ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:barf::unhappy::confused1 Well i was just informed that my car is still messed up My crank was damged in the accident.. grrr when the mechanic started it up a few times ran just fine and then it started making a whinning noise. he shut it off turned it back on and it started to get louder... then it stopped.. he put it in gear then the noice came about again them boom!!! the bearings in the crank and seized and broke the crank =( grrrrrr. Nothing else was damged from "that" but we will find out tuesday if anything else is broken.. lets hope not.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Sorry to hear that man.. I stopped by your shop on friday after work when they had it off the rack. Your mechanic told me the bad news, hey i'm sure your insurance has you coverd so..

·
Premium Member
14,838 Posts
holy cow --- That SUCKS!

I'm sure you'll be covered. Keep us all updated. Sorry to hear about this bad news... Always sucks when you without your pride n joy.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya i had left early that day to head to the cabin and got a call a bit later... so thats what i got to think about over the weekend lol =(

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i know it will get fixed lol the insurance is already 12k into it whats another 2 right =)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well was good seeing you around again bro. Hopefully you'll pop up at our next meet.

U know me i'll be there eventually.. ya the other night was fun and good seeing a few of u again. =)

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
Sucks bro, the good thing is the insurance company already has so much invested in it, they wont total it like they would have if it was in the initial damage report.:thumbup:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sucks bro, the good thing is the insurance company already has so much invested in it, they wont total it like they would have if it was in the initial damage report.:thumbup:

ya ur right about that.. just got some worse news a min ago.. found out its a possibility that one of my rods may have been bent because the number 1 valve is stuck open right now... wow this blows.. just give me a new engine and call it good. =/ :barf:

·
5,780 Posts
ya ur right about that.. just got some worse news a min ago.. found out its a possibility that one of my rods may have been bent because the number 1 valve is stuck open right now... wow this blows.. just give me a new engine and call it good. =/ :barf:
yea I had the same thing happen in my x5 and it turned out the engine was cracked since the insurance company already had 20grand in the rebuild i just got a brand new engine. i think the total damage on that crash was 34grand all said and done.:rotfl:

The car was tighter and drove better after the shop put the front end back together. Good body shops FTW.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea I had the same thing happen in my x5 and it turned out the engine was cracked since the insurance company already had 20grand in the rebuild i just got a brand new engine. i think the total damage on that crash was 34grand all said and done.:rotfl:

The car was tighter and drove better after the shop put the front end back together. Good body shops FTW.
Yikes.. crazyness. I think ill be into it 15g atleast when its all said and done.. thats what im thinking =( im not to worried about whats wrong with it, its just been over a month now and i want my car back ya know lol i dont mind having to transfer everything over and what not.. just get me my car back lol

·
5,780 Posts
Yikes.. crazyness. I think ill be into it 15g atleast when its all said and done.. thats what im thinking =( im not to worried about whats wrong with it, its just been over a month now and i want my car back ya know lol i dont mind having to transfer everything over and what not.. just get me my car back lol
oh i drove a blue VW beetle with only 3 hubcaps for 3 months waiting for it to be done....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh i drove a blue VW beetle with only 3 hubcaps for 3 months waiting for it to be done....

ahh im sorry =) i just barrowed my moms second car and the insurance is paying me to drive it =) $15 a day X 45days $675 back in my pocket =)

·
5,780 Posts
ahh im sorry =) i just barrowed my moms second car and the insurance is paying me to drive it =) $15 a day X 45days $675 back in my pocket =)
Holy ISH thats a sweet deal, yea the bug was soooooooo embarrassing to drive that i would drive to my buddies house and catch rides to school with him in his 69 stang.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol ya i know what you mean, im driving moms 97 528i but its sooo slow and sooo big. but i guess it beats a kia from the rental co lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts