ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since getting a boost gauge on my 04 STi, I noticed between 8 - 9 psi was my max. low for even a stock STi. After checking all vacuum lines and the waste gate actuator I came up with nothing. I just got my Cobb AP and flashed to stage 1 figuring someone before me set the boost lower. but thats a no go, still getting 8.4 max. Didn't change at all. does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this issue or what the root cause may be? I also have a data log from my AP if anyone could take a look at it and see a rhythm in the numbers.
Thanks!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Boost control solenoid working properly?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The restrictor pill needs to be in place? And what exactly is the restrictor pill? I know the ECU isn't in limp mode because I just re-flashed and haven't gotten any CELs or codes.
Also have no clue if the BCS is working properly or not, I did pull it off to clean it... looked in good condition. don't know how to tell if it is working correctly or not though?

Also new issue... the brake, R. Diff Temp and Battery light are on intermittently... goes away when the revs come up above 1k but comes back after they drop below. does this mean anything? the ECU isn't throwing any codes or anything... odd bugs in this car.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
What are the mods and mileage on the car?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks man, thats a good read and i will check the restrictor pill next

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Kevindood said:
Also have no clue if the BCS is working properly or not, I did pull it off to clean it... looked in good condition. don't know how to tell if it is working correctly or not though?
Put the car in test mode (like you were flashing it). Does the BCS "click"?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will check the BCS in test mode when I check the restrictor pill tomorrow... assuming the car will start. I ran into a much more pressing issue this morning on my way to work. I had figured the lights were on because something had gotten wet when I washed the car yesterday, but they were still there this morning. same symptoms. Got to work and pulled in my parking spot when the ABS light came on and my gauges went black, then came back half lit and dim. Set the car alarm and the horn was super weak. Uh-oh. I hope she starts tomorrow. Could this be an issue with the alternator? Hence why the lights went away at higher RPMs when I could get some juice out of the alternator?

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Test both the battery and the alt. The alt is easy. Test with a multimeter while the car is running. Should be around 13.8-14.2 volts. Test the battery voltage with the car off. If it is under 12v there is an issue. Also the battery will need a load test as well. As far as your original issue anytime you reset the ECU the boost will be wastegate pressure until the DAM/IAM comes up.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So basically if I am getting any changes to my Feedback Knock Correction in my AP logs, then my car has a knock at 8.4psi which is pretty bad and that's why I haven't seen any more boost pressure?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So basically if I am getting any changes to my Feedback Knock Correction in my AP logs, then my car has a knock at 8.4psi which is pretty bad and that's why I haven't seen any more boost pressure?
Scratch that, I should see changes in my Fine Learning Knock Correction? If I have a knock, will it be a positive or negative number?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Kevindood said:
Scratch that, I should see changes in my Fine Learning Knock Correction? If I have a knock, will it be a positive or negative number?
FBKC is always negative. When IAM/DAM is at full value (1/16), FLKC is always negative. When IAM/DAM isn't at full value, FLKC can be positive or negative (it will add timing back to see if it can raise the IAM/DAM).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sad day... my car died 2 miles from the house / autozone. had to call my buddy with his mustang to come give me a jump. :-( also no alternators anywhere near my area... have to order them! ugh.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So checked, restrictor pill is in place and BCS is clicking while in test mode. ordered a new alternator which should be here tomorrow but still no clue whats wrong with boost. any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Not until you get your car running. You never mentioned what your IAM/DAM was.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts