Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have a 2015 wrx w/ 30000 miles on it. My CE, hill assist, abs and traction control light all came on as well as a flashing cruise control symbol. My car would drop to almost a stall at stop, mpg dropped severely in a week since the lights came on and the car felt like it was working extra hard at 2-3k rpm. I took it to Subaru and they said it was a faulty AF sensor so I had them put in a new one. It ran fine for a day but now all the same lights have came back on and my mpg has once again dropped severely. Anybody have any ideas?! Thanks! Btw first post and just joined the wrx club!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I have the check engine light, hill assist, traction control and Abs light all on. Also a flashing cruise control light. When I had a code read it was P00172 "bank 1 running rich"

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
Sounds like you are in the closed loop operating mode because an O2 sensor or the cat is fouled. EXACT same thing has happened to mine twice now. Mine was a P0420 code. I ran a can of Seafoam per tank, for two tanks of gas and the thing fixed itself. Both times this worked. Pretty sure mine happens because I drive like a little old man with lots of same-speed long distance cruising and because of the factory tune being bent to the rich side, mine never gets "blown out."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts