Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 WRX with approx 36K miles.

Recently the back up camera doesn't come on when I put it in reverse. Sometimes it will flash very briefly and then go back to the audio screen. The back up lights don't come on either.. I can't figure out what happened, is this a wiring issue? As anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Both of the in-operative items are controlled by the reverse switch. On the '16 it is located on the rear transmission housing on the driver's side. There are 2 switches there. The reverse switch is the one towards the front of the vehicle.Check the wiring for breaks and the connector for a clean connection. If those are OK get a meter and check that the switch changes state when putting the trans in and out of reverse. If these are OK then you will probably need a '16 wiring diagram for further diagnosis.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both of the in-operative items are controlled by the reverse switch. On the '16 it is located on the rear transmission housing on the driver's side. There are 2 switches there. The reverse switch is the one towards the front of the vehicle.Check the wiring for breaks and the connector for a clean connection. If those are OK get a meter and check that the switch changes state when putting the trans in and out of reverse. If these are OK then you will probably need a '16 wiring diagram for further diagnosis.

Thank you! I read some guy’s post that said you have to remove the transmission to access this. Is that true? That seemed excessive in my opinion, what was your experience?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts