ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Im gonna be taking my rex out to speedworld this wednesday night (not my first time at the TRACK, but it will be my first time at the track w/ the rex, and the first time at the track driving stick) So i hope i dont embarass myself...haha. But anyways, I thought i'd throw a post up and throw out an invite to anyone else who'd wanna come and race for a while and get my back :D When i used to go to the track w/ my old car i dont remember ever seeing any subie's out there, we could make a real showing. Anyways, gates open at 6, but i probably wont get out there till about 8ish, then let my car cool down for a half hour or so before i start to do any runs. i wanna wait till the suns down anyways so its a little cooler out. races go till 10 or 10:30 anyways, so theres plenty of time to get some good runs in. If anyone thinks they can/wants to make it, lemme know..it'd be nice to meet some fellow subie owners

·
The Legendary Bad Ass (aka; Buzzz)
5,400 Posts
They won't let me race on Wednesdays. But I will see if I can finish my work quick enough to get out there just to watch.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wont let you? care to explain? Yes, you can come out and watch me embarass myself...haha. Half the people I work w/ say they're gonna come out and watch me, i only told 3 people at work...but word spreads fast around there. I just hope im not a waste of their 10 dollars...hehe. Ive only been driving stick for a few months, and ive never really practiced launching the car. Ive been reading up on the boards all week, so i have a pretty good idea of HOW to do it...but actually being ABLE to do it is gonna be another story....i tried a launch on my way home tonight, it went pretty well except I burnt the **** outta my clutch....but i guess thats gonna happen. better than putting all that force into the tranny. I gotta add more air pressure to my tires when i get to the track, maybe they'll break loose a little bit and take some more stress off the trans/clutch when im launching

·
The Legendary Bad Ass (aka; Buzzz)
5,400 Posts
Wednesday nights you have to be- GASP - "Street legal". And they bounce back and forth if they will let you have slicks.
I did just buy a Chevy Sprint Turbo. I need to take it out to the track before I start working on its performance and appearance. Just to see how far I get with performance enhancers. Not sure if I can get it registered and everything before then.

·
Registered
56 Posts
chevy sprints are cool........i pass by two turbos everyday on my way home, lets see some pics! and good luck idafc, i'll be in cool san diego for the hot import daze show this weekend:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts