ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[Thread courtesy of Big Al... the forum update must have wiped out his thread...]

Some of you know we tried to get a drive together up (or down) the 191 Devil's Highway some time ago and it failed. How's about we try it again? The drive ought to be nice in the next month or so with the leaves changing across the elevations... lets work to get a saturday together.

The original thread had a couple dates volunteered: 10-9 and 10-16. Anyone else interested? I've posted this at wrxfanatics also to strike up some more interest.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Killabee,

I haven't driven this yet myself but am looking forward to it. It is a highway running North/South basically from Safford to Eager. You'll notice it on any state map.

Jayhawker - how 'bout joining us on a Saturday? We are leaning towards Saturday, October 16. A couple of us are just going for the day (a long one at that). Looks like we'll beat the S2K crew by 1 week.

·
Registered
160 Posts
What time do you guys plan on heading out for this? If you want to leave very early and return that evening/night, I might be game for this drive. Let me know.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats the plan Big Al (at wrxfanatics.com) and I have... do the driving we can/want in one day and head back that night.

Whereabouts are you? We'll probably meet up somewhere along the 60, at or near Power Road. Maybe 5ish or 6ish if we all can handle that... I'll even go earlier! Sunrise is around 6.30am so probably 5 or 5:30 would be a good time to meet to catch the early light.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK without any other suggestions to go on... Everyone that wants to meet with Big Al (from WRXFanatics.com) and I at 6am at Power/US60 this Saturday ought to PM me and we can discuss contact info. The weather should be perfect and NO road closures this time!

I'll update with a more precise meeting spot later in the week... grocery/fast food parking lot or whatever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts