Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for sound clips of Prodrive, Stromung, or TurboXS AXLEBACKS. I know alot of people here have the Prodrive. I want to keep the 2.5" piping and I already have a Godspeed downpipe(uppipe going on soon), so I don't want a catback or turboback. I've heard the TurboXS turboback sound clip and it sounds great, I'm just worried that the axleback might sound completely different. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Just curious, but isn't the Godspeed downpipe 3"? I can understand not wanting a large exhausts, but there's a few catbacks out there (Brullen comes to mind) that have a nice 3" pipe all the way down and a smaller, stockish, sleeper-looking exhaust tip.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I can't offer a sound clip but:

I had the TurboXS axle-back for a while before I got the rest of the exhaust. When it was just an axle-back it sounded very similar to how it does now, just a LOT quieter. Also, now you can hear the turbo spooling much better than when I just had the axle-back.

I reccomend the TXS unit if you want something subtle looking and quiet. It's not a ricey tone at all, but it's not a thundering rumble either, though judging by the other options you're looking at it fits in well. I will say, the Prodrive has gotten superlative reviews by many people on this board, so I'm sure it's an excellent option as well!

-Michael

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Verdugo- Sorry, I meant to say I have a STROMUNG catless downpipe which I believe is 2.5" and a GODSPEED uppipe. I have heard the Brullen and I like it, but want to stay with 2.5" pipes AND a stock-looking tip, so it's out of the running.

Schaf100- Yeah, I think either the Prodrive or TurboXS is going to be the one. I'm just looking for something more than price to guide my decision. The TXS is about $75 cheaper so I'll probably just go with that.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
bone324 said:
Verdugo- Sorry, I meant to say I have a STROMUNG catless downpipe which I believe is 2.5" and a GODSPEED uppipe. I have heard the Brullen and I like it, but want to stay with 2.5" pipes AND a stock-looking tip, so it's out of the running.
Aha! Okay, that makes more sense now :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here's stock vs. Prodrive

Thanks to the person who created this (not me)!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oops, too big to upload. PM/email me if you want the file. It's a mpg file pointed at the muffler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts