Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey does the axle back require welding or is it like the cat where it's connect by that triangular piece with the gasket in the middle?? my mind went blank for names so i did my best

·
2,210 Posts
SpeedRacerWRX02 said:
hey does the axle back require welding or is it like the cat where it's connect by that triangular piece with the gasket in the middle?? my mind went blank for names so i did my best
It bolts up to the b-pipe. No welding required unless you have some kind of custom application that uses a different pipe section configuration.

-Pace

·
2,210 Posts
SpeedRacerWRX02 said:
any super performance loses in the axle back compared to the cat
I can't imagine there would be any difference whatsoever. The only motivation for me to choose one over the other is that I have the TurboXS turboback which means if I want to replace the stock rear section I have to go with an axle-back.

-Pace

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have the stock junk on now so all i'd have to do is get an axle back and there is no welding involved?? sounds sweet to me..any sound difference between the cat and axle

·
2,210 Posts
SpeedRacerWRX02 said:
i have the stock junk on now so all i'd have to do is get an axle back and there is no welding involved?? sounds sweet to me..any sound difference between the cat and axle
I believe that to be the case, but it's always wise to check with the vendor of the component you are purchasing if unsure.

The differences in sound will be between different muffler designs. The cat-back just includes the b-pipe which may utilize slightly larger diameter tubing than stock. That probably won't have a huge effect on the exhaust sound.

-Pace

·
Registered
115 Posts
axel back=still have stock resenator(not as loud)

catback= no resenator(louder)

I don't think the resinator is very restrictive at all. thats why i will be going with axel back combined with my godspeed downpipipe and godspeed uppipe.

·
2,210 Posts
jetguy said:
axel back=still have stock resenator(not as loud)

catback= no resenator(louder)

I don't think the resinator is very restrictive at all. thats why i will be going with axel back combined with my godspeed downpipipe and godspeed uppipe.
Good catch jetguy, thanks.

Because I have the TurboXS unit, I've already eliminated the resonator. The car did get a little louder even retaining the stock muffler.

-Pace

1 - 10 of 10 Posts