ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ran across this thread yesterday. super awful situation.

Ripped off hard. - NASIOC

cliffs:
sti owner trades another nasioc owner for an srt8 jeep
guy ends up having car broken into and goes to get his keyfob programmed for his new alarm
come to find out, the vin is fake.
the real vin is linked to the jeep being stolen in 2008 and never recovered

the guy contacted the authorities and they seized the car.
the guy contacted the current owner of the sti & he refuses to cooperate.

i'm hoping his lawyers will find a way to get him out of this mess. :(

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
That is a pretty sad story :(. I'm sure there is a way to get the previous owner in trouble legally. After all they did find out he knowingly sold/traded a vehicle with a fake VIN.

That STI was beautiful, I know I would be a wreck if this happened! Definitely gonna have to stay tuned to that thread to find out what happens.

·
Not Asian
1,069 Posts
Sucks. The way I see it, the trade was not legally binding regardless of whether or not the owner of the Jeep new it was stolen. When it originally came into his possession in the first place, it was also not legally binding. Can't buy, sell or trade stolen vehicles legally. The way I see it, it's on the original Jeep owners head and he should just give the STi back since it's not his.

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
On a lighter note, there is a great deal to be had for a SRT-8 Grand Cherokee on an auction somewhere!

There is no such thing as a free puppy. That Jeep is a 30k vehicle, the STI wasn't. No matter what the kid who sold it says, he knew exactly what it was. His for sale thread smells of it.

Always remember kiddies, if it seems too good to be true, it is!

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
The crime was committed across state lines,making it a federal offense.That kid who sold the stolen vehicle better start praying for his ass.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
the guy contacted the current owner of the sti & he refuses to cooperate.

i'm hoping his lawyers will find a way to get him out of this mess. :(
There's a place for people like that and I would have a pair of cement shoes ready for fitment!

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
What sucks the most in my opinion is this guy is just selling parts off that STi. Parts that can probably never be recovered. That poor car is just getting molested :(

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Ouch...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Oh man that is so sad. I hope that kid gets thrown in a jail cell with a 350lb gay guy named bubba.

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
Oh man that is so sad. I hope that kid gets thrown in a jail cell with a 350lb gay guy named bubba.
What if the kid is a homosexual chubby chaser? That would be like locking me up in a cage with a horny Olivia Wilde. Just not a serious punishment for me.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
^ hahaha best comment ever!

This whole story is really sad. I read all 8 pages of it today and it's just really sad. Idk what to even say.

·
Registered
719 Posts
What if the kid is a homosexual chubby chaser? That would be like locking me up in a cage with a horny Olivia Wilde. Just not a serious punishment for me.
I don't... I am... Whaaaaaaaaa? Hahahaha

I can't believe that happened. That sucks!

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
^^Wow...I find it really funny that the Brendan kid only has one supporter.

I feel bad that I'm kinda addicted to this story now lol. It's like a car soap opera!!

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Okay,so his name is Brendan & he goes to Iona college near where I live.I know a couple of people who go to school there.Time to spread the word...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ya you know. I've read every post on that thread. That one dude that is supporting him is being very mature and trying to explain things to other people without being negative. It really does seem that Brendan is the biggest douche ever, but if you read the whole thing, he could be completely innocent. Him and Kyle could both be victims. Everyone is getting on his case without the whole story. I did the same thing at first. He might just be an innocent 19 year old with all of this stuff just thrown at him and he's scared.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah, I am not sure the Brendan kid 100% guilty here. He did give the name of the guy he bought the Jeep from to the guy he traded it to. Now, if the kid had found out it was stolen and then traded it he is a giant D bag for screwing over someone else. But, his friend is at least being calm and reasonable.

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
I for one believe the story about the dealership. That in itself places blame on Brendan. The fact that he refuses to give the car back or even the 3k Kyle put on top of the trade is just more reason to not be on his side. Guilty or not that is a ****ty ****ty thing to do to someone!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I for one believe the story about the dealership. That in itself places blame on Brendan. The fact that he refuses to give the car back or even the 3k Kyle put on top of the trade is just more reason to not be on his side. Guilty or not that is a ****ty ****ty thing to do to someone!
Yes, I agree with you 100% on that, if it turns out that he knew it was stolen. I'll be keeping up on this for sure. I have high hopes that things will turn out well and that the guilty party will be prosecuted.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts