Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer to this post: Before reading this, note that I don't know what the hell I am talking about. :)

Since the APEXi AVC-R controls the injector duty cycles and the boost pressure so well... would it make the usefullness of a Unichip or UTEC less than it would usually be? What I'm saying is that the addition of a chip wouldn't be as much of a change as it would normally be, right? Or is the AVC-R not controlling as much as I think it is.

I'm asking because I have the AVC-R, and soon will have the uppipe+turboback, and am wondering how much a UTEC or Unichip would further help the performance.

·
1,911 Posts
Actually that is incorrect, the AVCR ONLY controls boost, the S-AFC controls fuel to a certain degree. The AVCR will be a much better boost control device than the Unichip and recommended for bigger turbo setups. I prefer the Blitz as it has two huge selenoids to control boost as oppsed to the tiny single unit on the AVCR but that's personal opinion. I would say with stock turbo just use UTEC first and then get the EBC afterwards if you want but before you get a new turbo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts